Associate Director of Development and Communications
- Job posted by Extraordinary Lutheran Ministries
PO Box 14317
Extraordinary Lutheran Ministries (ELM) is a self-funded social ministry organization that believes the public witness of gender and sexual minority ministers transforms the church and enriches the world. ELM does this work through three main programs: Proclaim, Accompaniment, and Ministry Engagement. Learn more at www.elm.org
The Associate Director of Development and Communications organizes and supports the fundraising efforts of Extraordinary Lutheran Ministries and coordinates internal and external communications in partnership with the ELM staff.
ELM expects that all its staff members will...
● Cultivate an organizational culture rooted in faith, grounded in radical love and hospitality, clear with purpose, dependent on collaboration, and transparent in motives.
● Speak to the intersectionality of injustice and oppression, calling ourselves, our community and the larger church to greater awareness of injustice and commitment to ending oppression.
● Collaborate with Executive Director to set annual fundraising goals
● Generate and review correspondence with prospective and current ELM donors and friends, including appeals and acknowledgments
● Maintain and update donor database (eTapestry) along with Program and Administrative Assistant
● Donor support services including, but not limited to, updating online giving information, notifying donors of gift processing complications (i.e. declined credit cards), etc.
● Generate monthly Development Report with the Executive Director as well as other reports and queries as needed
● Travel to congregations, ministry sites and ministry partners as outreach for ELM and/or represent ELM with movement and church partners as needed
● Participate in Board of Directors and team meetings as needed.
● Coordinate ELM blog “the inter-MISSION” (weekly, email & website)
● Monitor ELM & Proclaim Facebook pages and Twitter Account - generate, promote, and share content.
● In general, keep up with social media trends and best practices - make organizational suggestions accordingly.
● Coordinate and publish ELM newsletter “the MISSION” (twice annually, print & email)
● Organize and publish ELM’s Annual Report along with Executive Director (print & email)
● Oversee and periodically review ELM promotional materials
● Maintain and update ELM website
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
ELM is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Associate Director of Development and Communications’ base salary starting at $28,000. Full benefits. ALDE membership paid for by employer.
Level of Language Proficiency
● Experience working in Development and Communications
● Anti-oppression training and/or deep cross-cultural experience preferred
Personal Skills and Attributes
● Entrepreneurial and adaptive
● Highly motivated self-starter
● Effective written and verbal communicator
● Comfortable with communication and productivity technology, such as video-conferencing programs and Asana. E-Tapestry experience a plus.
● Thorough understanding of issues facing LGBTQIA+ persons, especially those issues faced by trans and gender non-conforming/non-binary people
● Finds joy in daily life and work
● Passionate about justice and full inclusion for gender and sexual minorities
● Must be legally able to work in the U.S.
Education and Credentialing
● Bachelor's Degree required.
● Training in development preferred.
● Both rostered leaders and lay leaders are encouraged to apply.
● Three-quarter time, 27-hours per week within regular business hours during work week
● Work remotely
● Must work regular hours last week of each year to solicit and process year end donations.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is April 20, 2018