425 Lafayette Street
The Line Producer works with the Associate Producer and Producing Department on main stage and Delacorte productions and on special programs and projects as assigned. The Line Producer collaborates with multiple roles and departments ultimately ensuring that all productions are successful. This includes ensuring the artists have the resources they need and that productions are delivered on time and within the allotted budget. The Line Producer reports directly to the Associate Producer.
· Serve as Line Producer on main stage and Delacorte productions
· Serve as Line Producer on assigned programs, including but not limited the Mobile Unit, Public Studios and large-scale workshops
· Serve as liaison between artists and internal departments such as Marketing, Development, General Management, etc.
· Facilitate attendance of Artistic Director and Associate Artistic Director at rehearsals, technical rehearsals, and performances
· Collaborate with Production Manager and Company Manager to provide support to production and artists
· Facilitate artistic relationships as needed for special events with Development and Marketing
· Communicate with necessary artistic leadership regarding production needs and issues as they come up throughout the rehearsal, preview and performance period
· Copy edit and approve programs, press releases and marketing materials on behalf of producing department
· Under the guidance of the Associate Producer, work on a team with other Line Producers and Assistant Line Producers to codify and improve best producing practices
· Coordinate creative team meetings, design presentations, marketing/press meetings and artwork presentations
· Attend production meetings, technical rehearsals and performances, and report back to Associate Producer, Line Producer, Artistic Director and Associate Artistic Director as appropriate
· As a member of Artistic Staff, cover external performances and scout artists in the field and report back with opinions and recommendations
· Communicating and Influencing: The ability to effectively communicate and influence others in order to develop strong work relationships and achieve goals
· Managing Change: The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization's effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change
· Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance, and support
· Diagnostic Information Gathering: The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it
· Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one's own or one's unit's work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them
· Delegation: The ability to work closely with an assistant, manage workload, communicate clearly and effectively about expectations and needs
· Sitting for long periods of time
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is an Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act and available immediately.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required