Details: Compensation: $50,000 annually.
1055 Commonwealth Avenue
Planned Parenthood of Massachusetts seeks a highly organized, self-directed team player who is committed to reproductive health to assume the role of Development Events Manager. This individual must be capable of balancing a diverse range of projects, communicating professionally and sensitively with the internal and external stakeholders, and working collaboratively with staff across the organization.
The Development Events Manager oversees and implements all aspects of PPLM’s development events, including budgeting, logistics, vendor selection and oversight, fundraising timelines, and supervision of interns and volunteers. The Development Events Manager works closely with the Director of Development and other development staff members to ensure high quality, high impact events which generate revenue and engage external audiences in meaningful support of PPLM. The Development Events Manager also provides consultation to other departments who are planning their own events.
The Development Events Manager’s portfolio includes up to eight house parties; Celebration of Choices gala fundraiser, President’s Society conference, President’s Society Sponsor event, Leadership Reception, as well as smaller meetings and cultivation events throughout the year.
· Serves as first line of contact for all development events
· Interfaces with high level donors including event hosts, co-chairs and committee members; serves as lead fundraiser for select events
· Works with database team, maintains all event related information in Raiser’s Edge, EveryAction, and other event-related software. Ensures completeness and accuracy of donor/sponsor lists
· Develops event timelines/workplans to ensure that fundraising progress is tracked and all deadlines are adhered to
· Oversees development of content and design for electronic and print invitations, online registration, event programs and web presence, and other collateral/marketing materials needed at events
· Manages and communicates reporting of fundraising dollars from events
· Ensures all staff, CEO, and volunteers are appropriately prepared and briefed
· Develops and tracks all event related budgets
· Oversees receipting of donors for in-kind gifts, working with the Database and Annual Giving team
· Compiles year-end summary of event revenue and expenses to for analysis and planning purposes
Vendor selection, oversight and relationship management
· Initiates and negotiates contracts with caterers, photographers, A/V companies, bar service, linen rental companies, graphic designers and other event vendors
· Identifies and secures event locations
· Ensures timely and accurate processing of invoices and payment of vendors
· Creates good working relationships with preferred vendors
· Secures in-kind donations and discounts from vendors
· Provides on-site management of vendors at all events
Supervision and management
· Manages event volunteers
· Hires, trains and supervises interns and volunteers to help with events
· Serves as day-of event manager providing direction to team members and executives, as needed
Staff Lead for PPLM's Young Friends of PPLM Group
· Works collaboratively with Young Friends Steering Committee and Events Committee to develop an annual calendar of committee meetings, cultivation and fundraising events designed to expand the number of PPLM supporters ages 21-35 and motivate philanthropy and involvement from young donors.
· Oversees the planning and implementation of all committee meetings and events, including an annual fundraiser/recruitment event
· Coordinates with database and annual giving team tracking and monitoring Young Friend monthly donor participation
· BA/BS required
· Minimum of two years of demonstrated revenue generating event management experience, preferably in a non-profit environment
· Outstanding organizational skills, high level of attention to detail, creative problem solving abilities
· Self-motivated and directed; highly productive in high-pressure situations
· Ability to manage multiple projects with varying timelines
· Excellent interpersonal skills and effective customer service skills
· Ability to enhance processes and motivate colleagues for efficient execution
· A commitment to the mission of PPLM
· A sense of humor
· Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
· Experience using social media as a tool in event promotion and communication
· Experience with Adobe Photoshop is a plus
· Experience with and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is a plus
· Physical Requirements – Ability to lift 20lbs. Must be able to transport supplies from storage to department and from the department to events
· Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
Planned Parenthood offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes; Health and Dental insurance, retirement savings, a generous vacation package, flexible spending accounts, and many additional benefits. Planned Parenthood is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required