12320 Parklawn Drive
Nonprofit Montgomery seeks an entrepreneurial Program and Membership Director to lead the organization’s capacity building programs and help steward and engage our membership.
The Program and Membership Director will manage the organization’s capacity building programs, and help steward and engage members. The position will report to Nonprofit Montgomery’s Executive Director and be part of a small, dedicated and talented team of staff and consultants working closely with Board and other members to plan and implement the organization’s work. This position is full-time and offers tremendous opportunity for creativity, impact, growth and job satisfaction. Nonprofit Montgomery is a fiscally sponsored program of Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers (WRAG).
- Manage Nonprofit Montgomery’s FIRM financial training program and MORE evaluation program for nonprofit leaders. This includes all marketing, communications, recruitment, faculty oversight, logistics, and reporting for this program.
- Plan and implement the Nonprofit Impact Series of capacity building programs, Tables for Ten, and other program and advocacy events for nonprofit leaders.
- Develop new programs and partnerships and innovate existing programs to support program delivery that builds capacity in the nonprofit sector.
- Ensure a system for evaluating and continually improving programs.
- Work with Nonprofit Montgomery’s Executive Director and Board to provide membership outreach and recruitment, and help define and be responsive to member needs.
- Oversee all activities related to planning, implementation, and evaluation of membership initiatives to maximize results.
- Assist with development and advocacy activities, including writing, policy analysis, position statements, etc.
- Update membership database, including helping to keep files and databases current, making sure information supports programs and generating relevant reports.
- Represent the organization at meetings and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
The strongest candidates will exhibit the following competencies and experiences:
- Experience and demonstrated success in program development, implementation and evaluation
- Experience in member recruitment (including cold contacts) and retention.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Technologically savvy including familiarity with Salesforce, Google suite, Mailchimp applications.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector and an understanding of issues related to the sector and the people it serves.
- Ability to collaborate, work in teams and juggle multiple deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal skills that include the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Familiarity with the culture of Montgomery County preferred.
- This position requires flexible availability including early mornings.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Nonprofit Montgomery, under the fiscal sponsorship of Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. The position is based in Rockville, MD and there is some flexibility with respect to telecommuting and work schedule. We have a professional and friendly work environment.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. To apply, please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and use your last name in CAPITAL LETTERS in the subject line.