1501 East Madison St
TITLE: Communications Specialist
REPORTS TO: Communications Director
STARTING SALARY: Salary commensurate with experience
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
BACKGROUND AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
The International Living Future Institute (ILFI) seeks an exceptional Communications Specialist to support the Communications team. The Communications Specialist will assist in the execution of the International Living Future Institute’s strategic communications plan. This person will play a strong role in the organization’s digital marketing efforts, communications strategies, and digital media. The role includes but is not limited to the list of duties below.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
General Communications + Marketing
- Manages projects and executes marketing plans for ILFI’s annual conferences, major events, and programs.
- Organizes and drafts communications around themes that provide continuity to ILFI efforts and fortify brand identity.
- Supervises the analysis, planning and implementation of ILFI’s Google Adwords account and campaigns.
- Distributes press releases via third party and prepares press kits in collaboration with Communications team.
- Acts as one of the community managers for all ILFI social media communications and accounts, including creating and tracking content and conversations, ensuring consistency with organizational messaging and branding.
- Manages email calendar, including various ongoing newsletters, communications about upcoming events, and other external communications.
- Collaborates on content development, revisions, and implementation of email campaigns and automations.
- Coordinates across organization to create external communications.
- Manages list segmentation, inbound marketing efforts, lead magnets, and sign-up mechanisms.
- Ensures and oversees the design and improvement of email templates in accordance with ILFI branding.
- Manages email service provider platform, staying up to date with current technology and best practices.
- Creates unique content, oversees consistency of overall messaging, and ensures branding standards are met on ILFI’s websites.
- Manages the training and support of content managers at ILFI and at international affiliate institutions.
- Collaborates on the website structure and all content in coordination with the Technology Manager and the Operations team.
- Assists with website content maintenance and some front-end web development.
- Works with web developers and program teams on large website projects; provides support, advisement and project management to ensure new development aligns with overall brand and website needs.
- Oversees Google analytics review and tracking, and provides recommendations.
Branding + Graphics
- Manages and elevates ILFI’s overall brand growth.
- Collaborates on the creative design and creation of all organizational publications and collateral with external graphic design consultants.
- Oversees all event signage and printed materials.
- Coordinates print budgets for conferences and events.
Trim Tab Blog + Magazine
- In collaboration with Communications Director, coordinates the content, copy editing, and production phase. Ensures successful completion and monitors progress.
- Supports in writing content when applicable.
- Creates and manages digital advertising.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in communications and marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing, or related/equivalent.
- Extensive project management experience.
- Experience with branding, either in developing brands or in adhering to strict brand guidelines.
- Mailchimp, WordPress, Pardot, or comparable CMS experience.
- Graphic design experience, including Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Digital and event marketing experience.
- Social media community manager experience.
- Polished oral and written communications skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- A passion and commitment to sustainability, including the environment, green building, and social equity, and an appetite to learn more about these rapidly evolving fields.
- Ability to go with the flow in a fast-paced, high-energy, growing organization.
- Service-oriented mindset with ability to prioritize.
- Copy editing or proofing experience.
- Knowledge of green building design, construction strategies, technologies and materials and the ability to articulate the environmental, health and economic benefits of green building.
- Front-end web development and website content maintenance experience.
- PPC campaign experience (Google AdWords).
ILFI offers a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented workplace that is mission-driven. Compensation is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by ILFI’s generous benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, employee life insurance, 403(b) retirement matching, three weeks of paid annual leave and twelve days annual sick leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
THE INTERNATIONAL LIVING FUTURE INSTITUTE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live in order to achieve a living future that is socially just, cultural rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations.
HOW TO APPLY
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: “Last Name, First Name – Communications Specialist”. Applications will be reviewed beginning June 28th, 2018 and the position will remain open until filled.