District of Columbia
Job Title: Extended Day Assistant
Location: Washington, DC
Organization Name: Washington School for Girls
Department Description: An Extended Day Assistant at The Washington School for Girls works as a member of a team of educators to carry out the mission of the Washington School for Girls. The Extended Day Assistant provides for the active monitoring of study hall and support of WSG’s extended day program. The Extended Day Assistant seeks to provide an atmosphere which accelerates each student's academic, artistic, social and emotional achievement in alignment with the school's mission educational philosophies, policies and procedures. She / he abides by all guidelines set forth by the administration of WSG and specified in the WSG Personnel Handbook.
Brief Description of Classification: This is a part-time position.
Hours: 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm, Monday - Thursday
Detailed Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
· Provide for the monitoring of students and perform duties during extended day as assigned by the Director of Out of School Time Programs of the Washington School for Girls;
· Provide monitoring and academic assistance in a study hall setting;
· Prepare and conduct a study hall and club atmosphere that invites and fosters optimal learning for each child;
· Plan, coordinate and oversee an after-school club for students in academics, the Arts, character development, spiritual or cultural reflection;
· Develop a plan in coordination with the Director of Out of School Time Programs that includes clear and specific metrics of what students will learn and how they will show mastery of club outcomes;
· Fulfill all record keeping and other administrative duties such as attendance, discipline and academic performance in timely manner;
· Organize and maintain files of instructional materials for student use as needed, maintain student and reference materials, and perform other clerical duties as required;
· Provide feedback to the Director of OSTP regarding student assignments, progress and other relevant issues;
· Monitor appropriate use and care of equipment, textbooks, materials and facilities during study and club;
· Attend and actively participate in staff or in-service professional development meetings as required
· Maintain the confidentiality of student records and information according to established practices and procedures;
· Represent the mission of WSG in thought, word, and action
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Reflect and model WSG values and attitudes as a Catholic School in interactions with students, teachers, families, and members of the public.
· Follow the policies and procedures of WSG as described in the WSG Personnel Handbook, including such items as being on time, professional dress, and maintaining appropriate records and reports.
· Demonstrate high standards of professionalism, including legal and professional ethics in interactions with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and members of the public.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to work with diverse populations;
- Collaborative leadership and decision making
- Data managements tools, organizational tools, computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Google Email)
- Committed to youth development practices and providing excellent enrichment opportunities for students
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team
- Commitment to their own learning
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct supervisory responsibilities
Accountable to: Director of Out of School Time Programs and Volunteer Services
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, and references to jobs at wsgdc.org.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS!