Details: Depending on experience
119 North Florence Street
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: The purpose of this position is to provide crisis assistance, advocacy, lay legal advocacy, and SA related case management services for victims of sexual assault. Services will include families, households and witnesses as applicable. Appropriate services will be identified, planned, obtained, provided, recorded, monitored, and follow-up will be provided. This position will provide outreach services at local events, ensuring outreach to underserved communities.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work (BSW), Social Justice and Human Rights, Women and Gender Studies or closely related field, or five years experience working in related field. Must understand basic dynamics of domestic and sexual violence. Bi-lingual in Spanish required. Must be able to obtain/possess a valid Driver’s License and show proof of current auto insurance. Must possess basic skills in the operation of a smart phone, GPS systems, internet, basic computer skills.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Provide sexual assault crisis intervention.
2) Be available for on call shifts (and provide backup) with the ability to respond to sexual assault survivors during days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
3) Respond to sexual assault survivors in office and in the community, providing crisis intervention in a timely manner.
4) Provide SA crisis intervention counseling for victims of sexual assault, families/households and witnesses.
5) Provide education, accompaniment and advocacy or intervention for medical exams or follow-up appointments.
6) Provide lay legal advocacy for victims of sexual assault.
a) Explanation of the judicial system, constitutional rights, services available through Victim Witness offices, including Victims Compensation and Restitution.
b) Explanation and assistance with understanding forms such as orders of protection or crime victim compensation etc.
c) Identification of options and contacts in law enforcement and legal system which may assist the victim.
d) Accompaniment and advocacy for court hearings, interactions with law enforcement, probation, and prosecutors.
7) Provide case management services for victims of sexual assault. This will include the development of an individual case plan, implementation, monitoring and closure of the case plan.
8) Provide advocacy to AAI clients and their children in shelter, transitional housing unit and other settings. This will include referring and assisting the client in obtaining necessary services and resources. This will also include accessing appropriate city, county, state and federal resources.
9) Coordinate and facilitate access to and delivery of supportive services to the client and record this information in accurate, up-to-date client files.
10) Provide and/or arrange transportation to the client in order that appropriate resources are accessed.
11) Conduct outreach presentations and tabling events by conducting/facilitating speaking engagements or by disseminating information at county-wide related events and activities,
12) Participate in regular staff meetings and supervision.
13) Provide follow-up and aftercare services for victims of sexual assault.
14) Must be able to lift 20-50 pounds.
15) Other related duties as may be assigned.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent Spanish. The postion will require facilitation of Spanish speaking educational support groups.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Please no phone calls.