One Bronx River Parkway
ABOUT THE BRONX RIVER ALLIANCE
The Bronx River Alliance is a partnership of more than 100 organizations and agencies that work collaboratively to protect, improve and restore the Bronx River and develop the Bronx River Greenway. The Alliance serves as a coordinated voice for the river and works with its partners to ensure that the river corridor will be a healthy ecological, recreational, educational and economic resource for Bronx communities.
For more information, see www.bronxriver.org.
The Bronx River Alliance is a $1.4 million organization that is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant & Office Manager to fulfill financial record keeping and reporting, with support from the consulting controller. This person will manage the administration of human resource services, as well as office maintenance.
● Input and manage accounts receivable and accounts payable
● Manage petty cash, banking transactions, vendor files, check writing & processing
● Prepare financial reports regularly and as requested by executive director, board of directors, NYC Parks or controller
● Enter the adopted budget in accounting software annually or more often if needed
● Participate in the preparation and monitoring of budget and funder reporting
● Assist with the preparation of schedules for annual audit
● Work with outside audit firm to complete annual audited financial statements
Administrative & Human Resources
● Maintain a welcoming, secure, well-equipped, well-ordered and clean environment for the public and partner organizations
● Elicit, evaluate and negotiate vendor bids and contracts. Maintain vendor relationships
● Serve as benefits administrator
● Manage payroll, and maintain personnel files and human resource record keeping
● Assist with written correspondence, mailings, and database entries
● Assist Executive Director with meeting scheduling, materials, administrative filing
● Participate in and provide support for 3 – 4 special events annually on evenings and weekends
● Perform any other department or agency-related duties or special projects as directed by supervisor
Note that the reporting location for this position will shift to the Alliance's new facility, Bronx River House located at 1490 Sheridan Expressway, upon its completion (anticipated to be by end of 2018).
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (accounting degree preferred)
● Two years of prior accounting experience, including bank reconciliations and payroll
● Budget or grant fiscal management experience
● Familiarity with nonprofit financial requirements
● Competence in Excel and accounting software, preferably FundEZ
● Experience managing inventories
● Demonstrated experience in human resources including on-boarding of new employees and benefit administration
● Good written and verbal communication skills
● Interest in working in a community environmental context
● Excellent time management and attention to detail, ability to multitask
The Bronx River Alliance also offers to its employees a full benefits package, and a dynamic and creative work environment at an organization with a successful track record of restoring the Bronx River, developing parks and trails along it, and connecting local communities with this unique natural resource.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent English speaker and writer.
Minimum Education Required