575 Eighth Avenue
About Urban Pathways
Urban Pathways serves as the first point of contact for New York City’s most vulnerable residents – people living on the streets, in subways, or in public areas. We engage individuals where they are in the cycle of homelessness. Through outreach and drop-in center services, transitional, long-term and permanent housing, and comprehensive support services, Urban Pathways helps more than 2,000 homeless men and women take control of their lives and find their way home. An innovative and data-driven leader, Urban Pathways is known for the effectiveness of our “housing first” approach Urban Pathways is a 501(C)3 non-for-profit organization. We seek to hire talented and highly motivated individuals who will partner with us to provide excellent service to our clients and supporters.
About the Supportive Housing Program
The “Housing First” philosophy is the cornerstone of Urban Pathways supportive and permanent housing programs. Urban Pathways helps adults move rapidly into housing from the streets and into housing.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Director of Operations' duties include:
- Oversees and coordinates all maintenance, repair, fire safety and security functions.
- Supervises security, maintenance and food service staff.
- Assesses and coordinates maintenance and security staff training needs with Program Director.
- Completes and submits relevant reports and statistics in a timely fashion.
- Maintains all operations equipment and appliances in good working order, and provides recommendations to the Program Director for the repair, upgrade or replacement of furniture.
- Oversees and maintains the building’s plumbing, heating, cooling, electrical, telephone, and safety/emergency systems.
- Fulfills work orders and requests for repairs.
- Monitors performance of contracted services.
- Maintains inventory of materials and equipment.
- Maintains all warranties and service contracts.
- Performs simple repairs and routine upkeep, e.g., painting and caulking.
- Maintains all safety equipment.
- Attends supervision, meetings, and trainings as assigned.
- Operates Agency vehicle.
- Is on call to address needs on a twenty-four hour basis.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Prior building management and/or supervisory experience required, security experience preferred.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Fire Safety Coordinator (FSC) & Security Guard License (SGL) is required but a Fire Safety Director Certification is preferred.
- Ability to obtain fire safety certification within six months of employment is required.
- Excellent plumbing, heating carpentry and electrical skills, and ability to perform routine repairs.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Valid Driver’s License and willingness to drive Agency vehicle required.
Urban Pathways offers an attractive benefits package to eligible employees including:
- Generous paid holiday, vacation, sick and personal leave benefits
- Health and Dental Plans
- A 403(b) Tax Sheltered-Annuity Plan
- An employer contribution Defined Contribution Profit Sharing Plan (ERISA 404(c))
- NYS Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- NYS Paid Family Leave
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Supplemental Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Click on the link