Details: This is a non-exempt position and the starting salary range for the position is in the mid-$50,000s.
60 East 42nd Street
The William T. Grant Foundation is seeking an Accounting and Office Assistant to join our team. The Foundation is a national funder of high-quality research on children and youth in the United States. We seek to increase understanding of ways to reduce inequality in youth outcomes and of the use of research in policy and practice. This includes research in various social science disciplines and across child welfare, education, juvenile justice, mental health, and youth programs.
The Accounting and Office Assistant is a member of the Finance & Administration Department. This is a hands-on role supporting the accounting functions and the Vice President, Finance and Administration in running, maintaining, and improving day-to-day office operations. The person also will work closely with the Senior Accountant on an ongoing basis.
The Accounting and Office Assistant reports to the Vice President, Finance and Administration.
1. Review and code vendor invoices.
2. Update vendor information in the accounting system.
3. Verify employee credit card expense reports; obtain receipts as needed.
4. Review outgoing checks against invoices for expenses; send financial forms with grant checks.
5. Make bank deposits on a weekly basis under the direction of the accounting department.
6. Provide support during audit and budget processes.
7. Create and monitor annual budget for assigned expenses.
8. Maintain accounting department files.
9. Prepare monthly F&I Committee mailings and serve as a backup for monthly A&B Committee mailings.
10. Support other accounting operations as needed.
1. Order office and kitchen supplies and maintain supply room and inventory.
2. Stamp and send out mail on a daily basis.
3. Help plan events and meetings as needed.
4. Oversee organizational record retention policy, including archives, offsite records storage, and shredding.
5. Maintain records and renewals of organizational memberships and subscriptions.
6. Develop and maintain relationships with vendors.
7. Staff the front desk in the absence of Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (e.g., lunch hour).
8. Provide administrative support for the Vice President, Finance and Administration.
9. Special projects or office workgroups for other departments may be assigned and approved by the Vice President, Finance and Administration.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred, and prior experience working in a professional office environment required.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required. Experience with accounting software is preferred.
3. Basic knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping is preferred.
4. Must possess strong organizational skills and handle multiple tasks efficiently. Must be detail-oriented and able to prioritize and balance a range of responsibilities.
5. Good communication and interpersonal skills are required; working independently as well as with others across the office is an essential function of this position.
About the William T. Grant Foundation
The William T. Grant Foundation supports research to improve the lives of young people ages 5-25 in the United States. The Foundation’s grantmaking centers on research that has the potential to advance theory, build empirical evidence, and improve policy and practice. We are currently funding programs, policies, and practices that reduce inequality in youth outcomes, and strategies that improve the use of research evidence in ways that benefit youth. Throughout its 80 year history, the Foundation has awarded grants to prominent researchers yielding research that has been pivotal in improving outcomes for youth and the systems in which they develop. The Foundation’s assets were valued at $350 million in September 2018. Our annual budget is in excess of $18 million. The Foundation is based in New York City and has a full-time staff of 19.
For more information about the Foundation, our funding mechanisms, and our current research interests, please visit www.wtgrantfdn.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter describing qualifications for the position, a resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the job for which you are applying in the subject line and indicate where you saw this posting. The position is open until filled. We will review materials on a rolling basis. The position may close any time after that date.
The William T. Grant Foundation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.