Who We Are
RePublic Schools is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by teaching them to code – starting in the 5th grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income, and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic’s schools have scored in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the state of Tennessee for both student growth and absolute achievement – making ours the first (and only) charter schools in state history to achieve this dual distinction.
At RePublic, we know that people are the key levers to the ultimate success of our scholars. In order to actualize our mission, RePublic’s team must be comprised of the highest-quality talent in the world. We are looking for a magnetic, data-driven, network-expanding Director of Talent Recruitment to serve as a key liaison between RePublic and the national educational community, and who will leave no stone unturned in the process of finding the best teaching, leadership, culture, operations, and network-level talent for our kids.
What You’ll Do
Equal parts strategist, data-driven mastermind and woo-master, our Director of Talent Recruitmentwill serve as one of the key external liaisons between RePublic and the broader educational community, charged with leveraging the voices of our scholars, staff members, and families to compel others to join the network in the pursuit of our mission. A member of RePublic's network support team, the Director of Talent Recruitment will report to the Chief Talent Officer of the organization and manage at least one Talent Associate.
- Talent Recruitment + Strategy
- Set ambitious goals, define clear metrics, outline a comprehensive strategy, and design systems to track RePublic's efforts to source, select, and effectively confirm top talent across the nation to ensure that our school and network teams are consistently staffed with excellent educators
- In partnership with with hiring managers, write strong job descriptions, define core competencies, and design/execute aligned interview processes for school leadership or network positions that accurately screen for requisite characteristics, skills, and experiences to make excellent hires for roles across the network
- Conduct initial interviews with candidates for school and network-based positions, and make recommendation for placement based on known vacancies, content expertise, certification, prior experience, candidate preferences, and personality/fit with RePublic's teams and hiring managers
- Own and directly manage the overall candidate experience from the time of application to time of hire by ensuring that candidates move expediently through the hiring process to connect with hiring managers and receive hiring decisions
- Craft and send compelling outreach to key networks that compels top candidates to engage with RePublic's Talent Team to learn more about opportunities within the organization, and then compels them to apply
- Ensure RePublic’s job descriptions are well-defined, compelling, and widely disseminated in high-impact and high-visibility places that will reach diverse audiences, ranging from free/paid job boards, college/university job boards, and social media outlets
- Plan, delegate, and ensure strong execution of any events related to talent sourcing and recruitment
- Work alongside RePublic's Director of External Affairs to develop any branding collateral (physical, print, digital) needed to promote RePublic’s career opportunities in high-impact spaces
- Talent Systems + Data Management
- Consistently examine and analyze the ways in which we recruit and hire staff members to innovate and increase effectiveness and efficiencies then recommend, design, train others on, and implement changes to network-wide systems and processes
- Design and implement systems used to track and capture data related to hiring and sourcing; leverage these systems to communicate progress against goals and drive strategy, action planning, and decision-making at the school and network level
- Ensure RePublic’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and other tracking systems accurately reflect sourcing and hiring progress, and are consistently up to date with accurate data
- Leader Coaching + Development
- Provide ongoing and data-driven coaching and support for hiring managers across the organization to select and confirm high-quality staff members
- Design and lead professional development to train staff members on RePublic hiring practices and to use RePublic’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS) with fidelity to capture and communicate information efficiently and urgently throughout the interview process
Who You Are
- Position Qualifications:
- Experience working in talent acquisition/recruitment in the education sector required
- Previous experience teaching or leading in high-performing charter schools highly preferred
- 5-7+ years of professional experience, and experience directly managing and coaching others required
- An A-Player. Top talent knows top talent.
- A serial optimist. You've got a deep, personal commitment to the mission of RePublic Schools, and a genuine belief that all students can achieve academic excellence, regardless of race or socioeconomic status. You've got a "healthy rage" about the state of public education in the South - and you want to be a part of a team that is doing something about it every single day.
- A driver of results. You've demonstrated ability to drive results in the pursuit of an ambitious vision and strategy, and you combine your exceptional strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills with your penchant to use data to drive decision-making to achieve impressive outcomes.
- A people leader. Let’s be real - managing people is hard. You’ve coached, directly managed, and demonstrably moved the effectiveness of other adults before taking this job. You build relationships across lines of difference, inspire and motivate others to buy into your vision, navigate challenging conversations with finesse, make tough calls, communicate effectively in all formats, give and receive feedback fluidly, and model/hold a high bar for adult excellence and exuberance.
- A woo-master. You've got a knack for understanding others' motivations and concerns, you build meaningful personal relationships, and you leverage these relationships to motivate and inspire others to take action. You can compel and individual or a group to believe what you believe.
- A systems builder. You're comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in situations where you get to build something out of nothing, or create order out of chaos. You choose start-up over bureaucracy any day.
- An organizational mastermind. You appreciate big picture, but you know it's all in the details. You manage projects fluidly, fiercely prioritize, and track timelines, data, and information in an organized and systematic fashion.
- An entrepreneurial learner. You are a self-directed go-getter. You take initiative, generate ideas/solutions to problems, operate with a growth mindset, and seek opportunities for feedback.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Submit your resume and a tailored cover letter online: http://www.republiccharterschools.org/careers.