- Have a close connection with the clients
- Advocate for parents when they are attempting to reopen their public assistance case
- Provide assistance towards obtaining permanent housing
- Provide assistance to clients in order to accomplish their goals and tasks
- Escort clients to various appointment to ensure that their legal rights are not violated
- Attend meetings
- Provide assistance to caseworkers
- Work in a collaboration with caseworks
- Provide assistance with filing documents in a case record
- Schedule meetings between caseworkers and clients
- Maintains client records-set up client records
- Ability to use computer programs
- Ability to engage in duties requiring longer than a regular 7-hour workday.
- Must be willing to be reachable by cell phone on a 24-hour basis.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends and work on a flexible schedule.
- Proficiency in handwriting and computer use, as well as good verbal and written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be team players.
- Have a strong sensitivity to cultural differences present among staff and clients within our organization.
- Possess a strong belief in people’s ability to grow and change; forge a mutually respectful partnership with persons served and their families.
- Ability to set limits and maintain helping role of practitioner and to intervene appropriately.
- Spanish speaking required
: PARENT ADVOCATE
: New York-Suffolk-Brentwood
: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required