Details: Competitive salary
17 Battery Place
We are looking for a communications specialist who is driven to work for a mission-oriented organization and has a passion for telling stories across mediums. This person would report to the Deputy Director of Communications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate Ownership by showing initiative, acting conscientious, and putting team results above individual accomplishments
- Demonstrate Growth Mindset through resilience (rebounding and learning from challenges, setbacks, and failures), engaging in expansive thinking (constantly exploring new ideas, strategies, and resources to solve problems), and showing curiosity (eager to get to the bottom of things and understand the "why" behind them)
- Works collaboratively by demonstrating the ability to work in teams, exhibiting emotional intelligence (emotionally self-regulating and empathetic in relating to others), and having positive energy (everyone's outlook and attitude improves when you are present)
- Create and edit written and visual content for various audiences and platforms, including websites, social media, and marketing collateral.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors, including printers, graphic designers, and others as needed on project-by-project basis, ensuring high standards for all materials.
- Update content on web sites and on social media as needed.
- Serve as branding and style guide ambassador for the entire staff, ensuring that standards are applied throughout the organization. Review, edit, and approve branded materials.
- Work collaboratively across teams to develop outreach and communications materials, as well as funder and development collateral.
- Promote the use of design thinking in material creation, outreach strategies, campaign development.
- Other tasks and duties reasonably related to job responsibilities.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively; ability to set and meet deadlines and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in graphic design and associated applications highly desired (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Creative thinker with a streak for challenging convention.
- Interest in working with affordable housing, sustainability, environmentalism, community development, or related field desired.
- Interest in design thinking approaches to innovation.
- Interest in videography, interactive design, or related skills.
- High level proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other standard office tools required. Proficiency in Salesforce or other CRM system a plus.
- Proficiency in WordPress or other CMS.
- Sense of humor
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter with salary requirements via our website at www.cnycn.org/careers. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Center for NYC Neighborhoods. No phone calls, please.