ABOUT TEEN SUCCESS, INC.
Teen Success, Inc. builds pathways to prosperity for two generations—young mothers and their children. We believe that education is the key factor in breaking the intergenerational cycle of poverty faced by young families. Teen Success, Inc. empowers young mothers to complete high school and persist through post-secondary education, and nurture their child’s positive development to ensure the success of the whole family. Our two-generation approach involves partnering with young mothers to heal trauma, build skills and a future mindset, and address the barriers they face to being successful in school and in life.
The young women Teen Success, Inc. works with are low-income, 94% are women of color, and many are from immigrant families. In addition to the challenges and stigma associated with being a young mother, Teen Success, Inc. members are faced with further complexities including housing instability; limited access to healthcare and reproductive health information; emotional and physical violence in their homes, relationships and communities; lack of access to affordable childcare; and racism and discrimination.
Teen Success, Inc. has supported over 1,600 families since our founding in 2011. Every year, over 85% of our program participants graduate from high school, as compared to 38% of teen mothers nationally. The children of the young mothers we work with are thriving as well, with close to 90% meeting their linguistic milestones which is setting them up to be kindergarten ready.
Teen Success, Inc. currently operates programs in the following areas of California: San Jose, Fresno, Sacramento and Monterey County. Teen Success, Inc. is headquartered in Milpitas, California.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Bay Area Regional Director provides the day-to-day operational and programmatic leadership needed to deepen Teen Success Inc.’s impact and support its continued success and growth in the region. The successful candidate must be driven by our mission of empowering young families and have a commitment to high-quality performance and outcomes. Teen Success Inc. is looking for a strategic and process-minded leader with experience managing data-driven program growth and change, leading program teams, and developing a performance-focused culture among a diverse, talented staff.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Leadership & Management
· Provide effective and inspiring leadership, as well as oversight accountability, for all aspects of Teen Success Inc. programs and services in the region assigned in alignment with the organization’s strategic priorities, theory of change, and outcome expectations;
· Develop, implement, and monitor strategies to manage performance and continuous quality improvement drawing from data, staff and participant feedback, and research/evidence/best practices in the field;
· Establish and monitor protocols and processes to ensure program fidelity;
· Develop and maintain culture of learning and improvement in region assigned;
· Continuously assess needs and opportunities for program development and expansion and make recommendations to Executive Director consistent with strategic priorities.
· Oversee, lead and drive one programmatic area across the organization: data-driven continuous learning and improvement. Includes developing and implementing annual learning agenda, supervising Evaluation & Learning Manager, and supporting all staff in building an interest in and the skills to use data for programmatic learning and improvement.
Budget & Contracts Management
· Works with the Executive Director to develop annual regional program budget;
· Responsible and accountable for management of all aspects of program budget to support organizational sustainability;
· Develops, implements, and monitors timely reporting mechanisms to ensure budget targets are met;
· Keeps the Executive Director fully informed of potential budget shortfalls;
· Identifies and recommends options for cost reduction that are consistent with the strategic priorities, programs, and operating principles of Teen Success, Inc;
· Manages all regional programmatic contracts and agreements for services.
Talent Management & Development
· Provide leadership, supervision, professional development, and evaluation of regional program staff to promote professionalism, efficiency, quality, and mission-driven practice;
· Work with leadership team to develop and improve recruitment, training, and retention strategies;
· Identify program staffing needs and make recommendations to ensure efficiency and quality;
· Promote and model organizational guiding principles across the organization;
· Work with the program leadership team to design and implement all program staff training across the organization, including new staff orientation, program training, and skill development, and ongoing professional development;
· Support Executive Director and Director of Development & Communications in building relationships with investors (individuals, foundations, corporations and government);
· Attend funder events, meetings, and site visits in region
· Implement a minimum of one outreach event annually to raise visibility of our work in the region to investors and program partners
· Maintain an active presence in the region to raise awareness and visibility of Teen Success, Inc.
· Build and manage a regional Advisory Committee to support success in the region
· Be mission-driven and passionate about the population served;
· Bachelor’s degree in related field; graduate degree strongly preferred;
· Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing program strategy focused on impact, engaging community partners, and partnering with an Executive Director and Board of Directors;
· A collaborative, collegial style and a proven track record and commitment to mentoring and coaching staff and building internal leadership; a management style that fosters respect, teamwork, and innovative approaches;
· An optimistic outlook, humor, integrity, charisma, patience, and a natural learning posture; a high tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to adapt quickly to change; a servant-leader orientation and emotional intelligence necessary to know when to lead and when to follow;
· At least 7 years of experience working in an organization serving opportunity youth, preferably focused on education and/or youth development;
· At least 2 years of management experience;
To apply, please send a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Bay Area Regional Director” in your subject line. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible; applications will be reviewed as they are received; open until filled.
For more information about Teen Success, Inc. please visit our website: www.teensuccess.org.
For details on our competitive benefits package please visit www.teensuccess.org/careers.
Teen Success, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. People of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
ABOUT TEEN SUCCESS, INC.
Teen Success, Inc. builds pathways to prosperity for two generations—young mothers and their children. We believe that education is the key factor in breaking the intergenerational cycle of poverty faced by young…