160 Fifth Avenue
Quanta Magazine is looking for a motivated writing intern for the fall of 2018. This is an outstanding opportunity for a beginning science journalist to dive into physics, mathematics, biology and computer science while developing writing, researching, fact checking and general editorial skills. This paid internship has a 24 hour-per-week minimum requirement. It will take place between September and December at the magazine's New York City office.
- Assist editors and writers with research and fact checking; contact scientists and press officers to track down and verify information and supporting materials for articles, blog posts and other features.
- Research, report and write Abstractions blog posts.
- Research, pitch and develop a feature news article.
- Manage the general inbox.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree (some graduate science journalism coursework preferred)
- A background or strong interest in reporting and writing about physics, mathematics, biology or computer science.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Please submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest in this position, along with five clips and two references.
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment. The Simons Foundation provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply