The Communications, Marketing, and Membership Specialist informs and supports NAAEE’s communication and marketing efforts, including print and online media, social media, our family of websites, and outreach to members and supporters. This Specialist will help ensure that all communications efforts align with NAAEE’s strategic framework and the goals of our portfolio of programs. This individual will work to advance eePRO, NAAEE’s online professional learning site and an initiative of ee360, and will assist NAAEE staff in developing and promoting our annual report, membership and fundraising campaigns, special projects, creative new ideas, and general communications.
I. General Communications duties include:
· Helping develop and support the implementation of NAAEE’s communications strategy
· Writing copy for the web, press releases, annual conference, social media, and other communication needs
· Working with the Communications & Social Media Specialist to oversee all social media channels for NAAEE
· Conducting outreach to online and print media outlets
· Working with NAAEE staff and designers on program advertisement, fliers, conference displays, and signage
· Updating NAAEE’s digital brand guidelines as needed as part of the overall communications strategy
· Participating in web content planning meetings as part of the overall communications strategy
· Reviewing, editing, and posting content to eePRO
· Creating an ee360 newsletter and updating content on the ee360 webpage
II. NAAEE Membership and Marketing duties include:
· Working with the Senior Admin Assistant, Office & Event Coordinator, and NAAEE’s web team to support ongoing membership marketing and retention
· Helping develop new ways to grow NAAEE’s membership and build support for EE
· Managing NAAEE’s Annual Report production in collaboration with other team members including drafting and collecting copy, and working with a design consultant and other internal and external stakeholders to produce and distribute final copies
Minimum Skills and Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree (A degree in one or more relevant fields, including journalism, environmental education, marketing, communications, and/or conservation is preferred) and a master’s degree or equivalent is a plus!
· 3–5 years of communications experience
· Excellent writing and communication skills, including project management, creative writing, editing, social media, and proofreading.
· Ability to work efficiently, with flexibility, creativity, initiative, positive energy, and good humor
· Ability to work independently as required but also to work effectively as a team member; ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem solve, and exercise tact and diplomacy
· Cultural competence and the ability work with individuals representing a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives
· A team-player who enthusiastically represents NAAEE to external partners, members, funders, and other stakeholders; this position is designed for an individual who is a self-starter and is eager to learn and grow professionally.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
· Master’s degree
· Familiarity with Drupal (or similar content management systems) is a plus
· Familiarity with CiviCRM or similar customer relations management system
· Familiarity with social media management/scheduling applications such as Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Buffer, or similar
· Comfortable with video conferencing technology such as Zoom, WebEx, Adobe Connect or similar
· Familiarity using Canva, Adobe CS, or other graphic design software
· Understanding of membership and marketing strategies for small non-profit organizations.
For nearly five decades, the North American Association for Environmental Education has worked to strengthen and expand the field of environmental education, with a growing network of support in:
· More than 20,000 members and supporters
· 56 state and provincial Affiliate organizations
· More than 30 countries around the world
As we build on this foundation, NAAEE is strengthening its core and stimulating new thinking that will best meet the environmental and social challenges of the next decade.
NAAEE supports a collaborative, team-oriented, inclusive, dynamic, and enjoyable work environment. We believe that happy and fulfilled employees create a stronger, highly productive, and effective team contributing to the greater success of the organization and our mission.
The Communications, Marketing, and Membership Specialist informs and supports NAAEE’s communication and marketing efforts, including print and online media, social media, our family of websites, and outreach to members and supporters…
Please email résumé and cover letter to Mary Ocwieja, Director of Technology, at MaryO@naaee.org “Communication Coordinator” in the title of your email. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please email résumé and cover letter to Mary Ocwieja, Director of Technology, at MaryO@naaee.org “Communication Coordinator” in the title of your email. Salary commensurate with…