Communications and Development Specialist, Alliance for Tompotika Conservation
- Job posted by Alliance for Tompotika Conservation
Details: We offer a competitive salary, DOQ
21416 86th Avenue Southwest
The Alliance for Tompotika Conservation ("Al-To") (www.tompotika.org) is a small non-profit conservation partnership with bases in the United States and Indonesia. AlTo is dedicated to healing the broken relationship between humans and the rest of nature, starting in one very special place: the Tompotika peninsula of Sulawesi, Indonesia. AlTo runs field projects in Tompotika to protect endangered species, rainforests, and coral reefs; outreach projects to build long-term support for conservation; and quality-of-life projects to promote the dignity and self-sufficiency of local communities.
The Communications and Development Specialist is a part-time position based in the Seattle, Washington area and aimed at helping AlTo's Director run and grow the organizational and financial underpinnings of AlTo's U.S.-based work. The Communications and Development Specialist will be responsible for outreach and communications to donors, grant-writing, selected research and administrative tasks, website maintenance, events, and other tasks as assigned. S/he will be self-motivated, meeting with the Director on Vashon Island once or twice a week for a few hours at a time, but otherwise working with a flexible schedule and location. As a key member of a small team, the Communications and Development Specialist will be assigned a wide variety of tasks; open-mindedness and flexibility will be required.
The following attributes are required:
· Outstanding communication skills (written, verbal)
· Excellent organizational skills, including ability to meet deadlines, attention to detail, and ability to track and manage a wide range of tasks
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including cross-cultural sensitivities
· Commitment to nature and conservation, in word and deed
· High personal integrity and discipline
· Bachelor's degree plus minimum two years' work experience
· Strong computer skills (MS Office, PC or Mac)
The following attributes will strengthen your application:
· Previous experience with fundraising and/or grantwriting
· Academic background or experience in conservation biology, environmental science or related field
· International experience, especially with Indonesia
· Web design, database design, GIS, statistics, and/or research skills
· Coordinate donor stewardship, including tracking donations, communicating with donors, maintaining database, and planning and organizing donor events
· Identify potential grantors, write, and report on grants
· Maintain AlTo's website, including the posting of newsletters, periodic program updates, photo galleries, etc.
· Assist with a wide variety of administrative tasks necessary to running a small organization
· Other duties as time, skills, and needs dictate.
· This is a part-time, salaried position, starting at 20 hrs/wk with the possibility of increase.
· Location: Seattle/Puget Sound area, USA. A minimum of one day per week will be required at AlTo's offices on Vashon Island, Washington.
· Benefits TBD, will include paid vacation and retirement contributions.
· We offer a competitive salary, DOQ
Benefits TBD, will include paid vacation and retirement contributions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
· Applications close May 25, 2018.
· Send CV/resume, cover letter, a writing sample in English, and 3 references to: email@example.com