Triangle Land Conservancy (TLC) seeks candidates for the position of Senior Finance Associate. Applications will be accepted until October 28, 2018. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Triangle Land Conservancy seeks an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who will report to the Director of Finance and Administration. This individual will play an integral role as part of the Finance and Administration team and is responsible for day-to-day accounting functions and office administration.
This Senior Finance Associate also works closely with the Development Department to ensure timely and accurate recording and reconciliation of all gifts and supports the Executive Director with some scheduling and clerical duties.
Essential Duties Include
- Assist the Director of Finance and Administration with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Finance and Administration Department;
- Process and record accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices are paid on time, accurately, and in accordance with the Finance policies and procedures;
- Review and process credit card expense reports and receipts submitted on a monthly basis;
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations as assigned, including but not limited to bank reconciliations, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses
- Prepare monthly General Journal entries;
- Assist with annual audit preparation;
- Process monthly payroll;
- Review and enter in the general ledger activity related to land transactions;
- Report and monitor monthly and grant-to-date activity and facilitate monthly grant meetings with TLC team members;
- Prepare quarterly sales tax remittances and semi-annual tax refund requests;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Inventory and order general office supplies, act as primary in-office recipient of office deliveries, and provide timely notification to relevant staff;
- Liaise with building owner to report issues and coordinate repairs/services;
- Help coordinate board and board committee rosters and meetings as needed;
- Plan and carry out logistics for board meetings, conferences, and retreats;
- Take minutes at board meetings, finance and investment, and HR and Governance committee meetings;
- Monitor daily business practices to identify areas for efficiencies and/or improved practices and make suggestions for operational improvements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Experience, Technical Skills and Competencies
· BA/BS; accounting or finance concentration preferred or equivalent education and/or experience.
· Demonstrated advanced level experience in Sage Intacct (preferred), Financial Edge or similar financial software.
· Knowledge of ADP and/or Concur preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to retrieve, analyze and synthesize information to create accurate reports and lists.
· Strong organizational, analytical skills. High degree of focus and attention to detail.
· Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and conduct work independently.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility and resourcefulness in solving problems.
· 1-3 years of accounting experience, preferably working in the nonprofit environment.
· High proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook required.
· Detail and deadline‐oriented: You are attentive to details, generally get it right the first time, but invite input from other staff. You are accountable.
· Go getter: You are mature, supportive, and dependable, can easily shift back and forth from working autonomously to working collaboratively, and desire to undertake new and varied projects and responsibilities.
· Flexible and capable: You manage changing priorities with ease and get the job done. You take projects from start to finish and anticipate changes in schedules.
· Process‐oriented: You are efficient with setting up and maintaining systems to create high quality work in collaboration with others.
· Great communicator: You have excellent persuasive writing and proofreading skills. You demonstrate poise, diplomacy, and tact when appropriate, but have a natural tendency toward sharing joy, inspiration, excitement, and passion.
· Team player: You actively support a culture where people encourage each other and work together to succeed and/or celebrate the successes of others. You ask for help when you need it and also pitch in to support others.
· Has a strong understanding of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and a commitment to making our work more equitable and supporting those efforts.
· Ability to work evenings and weekends as required (not a regular occurrence).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Please send a single PDF with your cover letter, resume, and list of three references (who will not be contacted unless you are selected for an interview). Save your application file as: LastName_FirstInitial_TLC (e.g. Carson_R_TLC.pdf).
Please use Senior Finance Associate as your subject and email your application to: HR@triangleland.org
Deadline to apply is Sunday, October 28, 2018. No phone calls please.