1140 W. Jackson Blvd.
The Supervisor-HR performs HR related duties in all areas, including recruitment, onboarding, policy implementation and compliance, and employee relations.
This is a full-time position located at our West Loop Campus-1140 W. Jackson Blvd, Chicago, IL 60607
The schedule for this position is: Monday through Friday 8:30am-5pm or 9am-5:30pm
Mercy Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Human Resources or related field preferred.
- At least three years of experience in the Human Resources field, recruiting experience preferred.
- Highly proficient with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Proficient with HRIS systems, ADP Workforce now preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor while exercising judgment and discretion in work.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in response to questions and requests.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative to improve processes.
- Ability to multi-task, handling many projects with competing priorities.
- Ability to manage a high volume of work in a very organized and responsive manner.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to research, analyze and interpret various types of data and/or information from multiple sources.
- Maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences.
- Commitment to the mission, values, and goals of the Agency.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Assist the recruiter in the development and implementation of the department’s recruitment strategy.
- Conduct in person interviews for some positions.
- Lead the onboarding of new coworkers- included making offers of employment, running background checks, monitoring drug testing and scheduling first day. Coach managers and supervisors in how they can prepare for a new hires first day.
- Create and send offer letters after making employment offers.
- Process new hire and employee status changes on HRIS system.
- Conduct HR orientation for new coworkers and ensure receipt of essential new hire documents.
- Process all new benefits enrollments and special benefits enrollments.
- Use the HRIS system to its fullest potential for onboarding and employee communication.
- Assist the team in finding new recruiting and marketing opportunities.
- Represent the Agency at external recruiting activities and job fairs as needed.
- Assist in the creation and updating of recruiting materials such as brochures.
- Perform monthly personnel file audits, ensuring that outdated or missing documentation is received in a timely manner.
- Survey new hires twice during their first 6 months of employment and provide monthly reports to the Director.
- Ensure that all internal transfers and promotions complete required paperwork for their personnel file.
- Monitor agency job descriptions to ensure that all coworkers have an accurate job description, work with Vice Presidents and the Director- HR to create new job descriptions.
- Assist in compiling and analyzing staffing patterns and trends as well as other analytics as requested.
- Assist in the maintenance of the department’s policy and procedure manual.
- Assist in the development, achievement and assessment of department CQI goals, objectives and processes.
- Assist in administering leaves of absence programs and workers compensation.
- Receive and forward all employee wage garnishment paperwork.
- Provide support, professional development and supervision to the Recruiter.
- Work on or assist with other projects and the administration of other HR services as requested.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please visit: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=e4162d97-8202-4b9b-8a7d-f4cf54b059f3&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=232270&lang=en_US