2550 Webb Avenue
The Assistant Coordinator assists in animating the spirit and life of the community and attends to the holistic needs of the individual sisters residing in a retirement setting. The Assistant fosters an atmosphere that provides each sister with maximum opportunities for community and social interaction and development. The Assistant Coordinator is responsible for the day to day operation of De Paul Residence at Kittay.
- Communicate effectively with the sisters and learn and understand the needs of each individual, assist with financial and social needs.
- Assist sisters with financial needs; oversee the sister’s personal accounts as appropriate, prepare budgets for sisters, balance the account, pay bills etc.
- Make daily rounds to check on sister’s needs and condition of each.
- Communicate concerns or issues to the appropriate parties, i.e. Community Coordinator and Director of Health and Wellness.
- Assist sisters with actual move and transitioning to life in their new residence.
- Assist with care of personal belongings, personal appearance and personal shopping when necessary.
- Schedule appointments for beauty salon on a monthly basis if desired by sister.
- Provide for dry cleaning services when necessary.
- Order household supplies, paper goods and food snacks requested by sisters.
- Place orders with food service at Kittay.
- Prepare for and welcome new residents.
- Plan celebrations and trips for sisters.
- Assist Archcare with recreational activities on floor.
- Attend monthly team and staff meetings when appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the Mission of the Sisters of Charity and to working with the elderly.
- Desire and ability to support sisters in retirement residences.
- Experience working with individuals with memory impairments, mental health issues and/or physical conditions related to the aging process.
- Experience working collaboratively with other professionals.
- Demonstrate excellent financial, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Appropriate level of education and/or combined work experience.
- Valid NYS Driver’s license and ability to safely transport sisters.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends.
- Successfully pass annual SC Driving Test.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send requests for further information and/or resumes to Sharon Dosin, Director of Human Resources, email@example.com