120 Wall Street, 13th floor
amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, is seeking a dynamic and strategic Individual Giving Manager.
amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, is one of the world’s leading nonprofit organizations dedicated to the support of AIDS research, HIV prevention, treatment education, and advocacy. Since 1985, amfAR has invested more than $480 million in its programs and has awarded grants to more than 3,300 research teams worldwide.
Plans and implements a comprehensive direct marketing program to grow annual support from donors with a giving level below $5,000.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Determine direct response strategies, goals and creative concepts in coordination with the Director of Philanthropy and the VP of Development.
· Oversee comprehensive direct response program—including mid-level program, donor acquisition, renewals, appeals, donation upgrade, cultivation/stewardship, monthly giving, web-based giving, e-philanthropy, and social media efforts—with support of amfAR consultants.
· Manage outside vendors and consulting agencies---fundraising consulting firm, production houses (printer & mail), telemarketing firms, list rental firms, caging firm, database consulting firms, creative design agency etc.
· Prepare joint cost allocation memos for direct response acquisition and appeal campaigns.
· Create and manage direct response expense and revenue budgets, including vendor invoice processing, financial reporting and analysis, and cash flow, in accordance with the rules and procedures set by the Finance Department.
· Provide ad-hoc reports for Finance Department use and regulatory requirements (state registrations, etc.).
· Direct and assist the Philanthropy Coordinator and Database coordinator with donor inquiries and concerns, including gift coding/database issues, acknowledgement letters, and peer to peer fundraising/crowdfunding opportunities. Manage any other job-related duties as assigned by Director of Philanthropy.
· Oversee the Memorial Fund relationship and fundraising.
· Ensure amfAR brand consistency and identity standards in accordance with the policies of the Public Information Department. Work closely with social media team to ensure cohesive campaigns and messaging.
· Represent amfAR at donor cultivation events, at special events, and during face-to-face solicitations and/or meetings.
· Review and confirm donation coding on a weekly basis for gifts up to $4,999.
· Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by Director of Philanthropy.
Bachelor's degree and at least five years experience in annual giving or development are required. Must exhibit leadership, team-orientation, self-direction, and keen analytical and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment and with a multidisciplinary staff of professionals. Must be able to compose strong, clearly written material, including general correspondences and appeals. Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite is required. Familiarity with Blackbaud Luminate Suite preferred. Interest in the field of HIV/AIDS is preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should forward their resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
No agencies please.