The Worker Education and Resource Center (WERC) is launching a high-road employment partnership with the County of Los Angeles. This project will prepare workers who are underrepresented, disconnected, and have barriers to employment for good jobs in the health care and public service sector.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: This is a full-time position under the supervision of the Associate Director. The Project Developer plans and coordinates the work of project teams to support participants in skill development and college-level career path training programs.
- Support the planning, development, and implementation of an innovative new high-road workforce development program.
- Participate in research and planning to develop new innovative proposals, identify and prepare grant proposals, and monitor existing contracts and grants.
- Assist program managers with project planning, including overseeing goals and deliverables, project team meetings, and implementation of educational programs.
- Engage stakeholders in in the development and implementation of programs.
- Relevant degree in a related field and/or prior experience in project management.
- Background in strategic project planning and development and/or implementing workforce development or educational programs.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work using a team approach in a labor/management setting, meet deadlines, and have the flexibility to shift focus from one project to another as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with various stakeholders and a diverse population.
- Commitment to preparing individuals with barriers to employment for public sector employment.
Sample duties will include: Developing and coordinating the work of internal projects; planning and facilitating communication and joint planning with other staff; taking the lead in maintaining effective working relationships with partners; monitoring and tracking outcomes. Qualified individuals will demonstrate the ability to take initiative and will have excellent analytical and organizational skills; strong written and verbal communication skills; experience in planning, coordinating, or developing programs; experience in facilitation and negotiation with individuals from multiple organizational levels; and the ability to meet deadlines with attention to details.
Benefits include full health through Kaiser (Platinum 10), Dental, and Vision, for you and your dependents, medical bridge insurance, Life and disability insurance, access to pre-tax flexible spending accounts for both health care and dependent care expenses.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact Joe Ralston at WERC: email@example.com. Applicants must have strong, appropriate references and be willing to take a livescan background check.
No walk-ins or phone calls please.