Peoples Climate Movement
Rise for Climate, Jobs, and Justice September 8th
The Peoples Climate Movement (PCM) is looking to hire a Logistics Coordinator to manage overall logistics for the Rise for Climate, Jobs, and Justice September 8th action in San Francisco. This action is being organized by a set of Peoples Climate Movement MST member organizations and local community organizations.
The ideal candidate will have a strong and extensive background in supervising and managing staff, qualitative and quantitative assessment, administrative systems, evaluation, and managing important relationships with partner organizations. An ability to scale-up, multi-task, work in diverse and multicultural settings, think creatively and innovatively, and both hire up and manage staff and partners is a must.
Who We Are: The Peoples Climate Movement is a collaborative formation that brings together a range of environmental and progressive organizations, local front-line and community groups, faith organizations, arts and cultural workers, labor unions, youth organizations, and community leaders working to use mass-mobilization and movement-alignment strategies to win bold action on climate change rooted in racial and economic justice. Originally growing out of the massive NYC march in 2014, we have worked together to strengthen and expand the climate movement over the last 3 years.
Our 2018-2019 Program: Throughout 2018, using the mid-term elections and the Global Climate Action Summit as motivating moments, the Peoples Climate Movement will execute a comprehensive organizing, mobilizing, and movement-building program that will manifest on September 8th in hundreds of actions across the country, tens of thousands of people taking to the streets, and even more civically-engaged Americans demanding climate action before, on the day of, and beyond the mid-term elections.
This program is comprised of: Rise for Climate, Jobs, and Justice September 8th; the Global Climate Action Summit, or GCAS; and our State Collaboration Movement-Building Work. The three-tiered program will strengthen the foundation of our intersectional climate movement, engage existing and new climate activists, help achieve state- and local-level policy wins, and set the stage to demand bold action on climate from decision-makers now, in 2019, and leading up to the Presidential election in 2020.
The PCM Rise for Climate, Jobs and Justice Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Managing and coordinating all logistics leading up to September 8th and the execution of a powerful, well organized, and successful event of tens of thousands of people – that will have an impact on the global, national, and local stage.
- Coordinating between PCM and CA field, digital, and arts and culture teams and the Mobilization Coordinator to ensure all of the pieces on the day and leading up to September 8th are coordinated, that 1,000 volunteers are recruited and trained, and that the march route and beginning and end of day actions are coordinated, staffed, and supported.
- Managing and supervising the Volunteer Coordinator, Office Manager, Lead Marshall, and other positions. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for managing the all logistical staff working on the Rise for Climate, Jobs, and Justice September 8th mobilization.
- Identifying and working with all vendors for the mobilization, including but not limited to stage and sound, rental agencies, toilets, waste and recycling, jumbotrons, water, food, and refreshments etc.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in organizing mass-based actions (rallies, marches, large conferences, etc.), event production, project management, and large mui-ltifacted programs with lots of different moving pieces. Ability to project manage, supervise multiple staff and contractors, and scale up quickly is key.
● You bring vision for the necessity of multiracial, multicultural base-building and organizing that is accountable to impacted communities.
● You understand the nuance of working at the intersection of national, state, and local organizations; grassroots groups; and larger institutions, and are comfortable navigating volunteer, grassroots, and nonprofit contexts.
● You are comfortable working on complex projects under tight time frames, with many moving logistical pieces.
● You are invested in team-building, and can cultivate strong relationships with a constantly shifting team.
● You can scale your work both up and down. This means, in addition to working with large groups, you are comfortable being self-directed and doing the grunt work yourself, making your own photocopies, and pitching in as needed.
● You have an ability to absorb new skills quickly, and shift your role as needed.
Application Deadline : We are looking to fill this position ASAP. We will conduct rolling interviews now until the position is filled.
Compensation: This is an FT Temporary contracted position through December 1st, 2018. GreenFaith is our fiscal sponsor.
Location: Ideally this position will be located in the Bay Area. PCM staff currently work virtually with regular in-person and video staff meetings.
People of color, women, and LGBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Please submit a cover letter stating why you are interested in working with PCM, along with your resume, to Ashley Blevins at firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Rise for Climate, Jobs, and Justice September 8th Logistics Coordinator” in the subject line.
Minimum Education Required