The Doe Fund is a leading New York City non-profit organization that operates the enormously visible Ready, Willing & Able program, whose participants clean over 160 miles of streets and sidewalks every day. With a $55 million budget, 400 staff members and 46,000 individual donors, The Doe Fund is nationally acclaimed as a work-based model for solving homelessness and criminal recidivism. We empower people to break the cycles of homelessness, welfare dependency, substance abuse, and incarceration through innovative work and housing programs.
We are seeking House Managers to work out of our various NYC locations.
The House Managers will be responsible for the supervision of the residents and the overall operation of the facility during designated shifts. S/he will work collaboratively with the Clinical team and the Program Director to ensure that resident needs are being met as well as safety of the facility The successful candidate will have strong communication skills.
The shifts that we are looking to cover will be overnight, weekend and holidays.
The schedule for the Per Diem position is on-call as-needed for a maximum of 19 hours per week.
The schedule for the Part-Time position is 8:00 PM to 8:00 AM on Saturdays and Sundays, for a maximum of 24 hours per week.
- Facility inspection and cleanliness of facility and outside areas.
- Inspect trainee rooms daily.
- Coordinate and oversee rubbish and snow removal.
- Evaluate and document required maintenance and preventive maintenance needs for facility and trainee rooms.
- Make requests to Warehouse Manager for supplies and equipment necessary to maintain and clean the facility, bathroom, grounds and trainee rooms.
- Supervise and train in-house facility cleaning and laundry crews in proper work performance and behavior.
- Will provide program orientation for new trainees, assignment of rooms and supplies.
- Assign in-house job functions in conjunction with Director of Facility Operations.
- Report any infraction or behavioral problems to the Senior Case Manager.
- Perform applicable duties as assigned.
- Complete Incidents Reports in the CARES data base.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED, some college preferred.
- Certifications in CPR/First Aid, F80/Fire Safety & Alarm Systems (Homeless Shelter) and Naloxone preferred.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs; physically manage stored client belongings, including disposal.
- Experience working in the human services, preferably with Criminal Justice, Chemically Dependent, Formerly Incarcerated and/or Homeless populations preferred.
- At least two years of experience working in a social service, residential setting.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills – internet and Microsoft Office.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The Doe Fund is a fast paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with strategic and innovative ideas. We offer a competitive salary with full benefits including: medical, dental, 401k, vacation, personal and sick time, etc.
The Doe Fund, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply