Easter Seals Massachusetts is a non-profit organization with a mission to provide services to ensure that children and adults with disabilities have equal opportunities to live, learn, work and play.
College Navigator - Full Time
Easter Seals is seeking College Navigators who will provide on-campus support to college students with a disability as they adjust to academics without IEP accommodations and navigate campus life. This position reports to the Director of Employment and Transition Services.
- Develop an action plan that address their goals as they relate to their transition into college and future independent living
- Provide 1:1 coaching to develop and support concrete goals in areas of higher education and independent living to meet the student’s unique needs and encourage independence in all phases of the program
- Help identify potential barriers and problem solve around them with college staff
- Create a supportive environment between the college and student
- Advocate for the student on identifying their needs and being able to explain them to college staff
- Communicating regularly with the disability service office and individual’s professors regarding specific needs and accommodations
- Maintain on-going documentation related to monitoring and evaluating client progress on goals
- Bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree in social work or related degree in mental health profession
- Experience with young adults with disabilities
- Knowledge of pertinent academic areas and learning situations including secondary educational systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Access)
Environmental Conditions and Physical Surroundings:
- College campus setting
- Client's home
- Travel to and from campus
- MBTA rides
- Exposure to weather conditions consistent with required travel
Easter Seals is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. People with disabilities and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required