Membership Retention Specialist (Option to work REMOTE available)
- Job posted by Girl Scouts of the USA
420 5th Avenue
The Membership Retention Specialist, will work as an integral member of the Membership & Customer Platform team, implementing an integrated membership strategy throughout the Customer Office and partner communities in GSUSA. This role partners with Girl Scout councils across the country to build effective retention practices that drive long-term membership growth for the entire movement.
This role will have two main areas of focus:
1. Ownership over renewal campaigns and associated technology processes. Renewal is a point-in-time during the lifecycle of the member that incentivizes or otherwise encourages a customer to renew an annual membership. This position serves as the subject matter expect that drives the marketing campaigns, online experience, and local strategies to amplify key opportunities for members to renew.
2. Influencing and driving an integrated retention strategy. Retention is a long-term and complex set of levers that determine a member’s likeliness to renew, driven by multiple teams across GSUSA and the local business practices that councils put in place to ensure a positive experience for members. This position ensures a movement-wide retention plan is socialized, adopted, and executed by all stakeholders, both national and local.
- Inform the strategic direction for an integrated retention strategy that supports the movement-wide membership strategy, and serve as the ambassador of that plan, aligning all stakeholders.
- Provide expertise on improving renewal processes and systems that provide the best customer experience for girls and volunteers.
- Work closely with our Girl Scout Research Institute and Marketing & Communications team to identify the ideal time in the customer lifecycle to invite current members to renew.
- Provide exceptional customer service to council staff in two capacities, either assisting councils who have experience staff transition or have a demonstrated need for one-to-one training; or councils who have promising practices in retention.
- Partner with internal stakeholders at GSUSA and local councils to determine the best strategy and associated business practices to encourage long-term engagement and retention of members.
- Conduct ongoing assessment, including metrics and KPIs, of promising retention practices across the movement.
- Collaborate with the Volunteerism and Service Delivery Team to determine opportunities and scope of pilots on tactics that support the best long-term engagement of members.
- Work with the Marketing team to create and implement national campaigns based on renewal strategy.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a membership or youth service organization with proven experience in developing strategies for recruiting and retaining volunteers in multiple market segments.
- The preferred working location for this position is NYC.
- Ability to travel: In NYC, travel can range from 15-25% (such as quarterly off-site meetings) + outside of NYC, totallying up to 30%.
- Field experience in an “affiliate” environment accountable for implementing adult initiatives - Girl Scout council experience a plus.
- Experience in using technology effectively including Customer Relationship Management tools like Salesforce, as well as technology tools that provide cutting edge communication, support and learning to adults.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience establishing, building and maintaining partnerships and relationships in a consulting role.
- Travel 25% - 30%
More about Girl Scouts of the USA:
Take the Lead Like a G.I.R.L!
When she's a Girl Scout, she’s also a G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-taker, Leader)™.
We're 2.6 million strong—1.8 million girls and 800,000 adults who believe in the power of every G.I.R.L.
When you think Girl Scouts, you might think cookies, but there’s so much more to it!
Girl Scouts are big thinkers, groundbreakers, and role models. Every day, Girl Scouts unleash the power of G.I.R.L. to make amazing things happen.
- We’re the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
- Girl Scouts offers every girl a chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success.
- Girl Scouts has always emphasized the importance of being civically engaged.
- We’re introducing Girl Scouts of every age to science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) to help them see how they can actually improve the world!
- Girl Scouts offers to high school girls the Girl Scout Gold Award which represents the most prestigious award in the world for girls—and the most difficult to earn—and it’s only available to Girl Scouts.
Girl Scouts of the USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
Minimum Education Required