Media Fellowship House is seeking to hire a talented professional to help foster the organization’s mission and support continued growth, sustainability and relevance. This position offers flexible hours and periodic remote work opportunities. It requires flexibility around scheduling with periodic evening/weekend meetings and programs. Salary will be commensurate with experience and includes a benefits package.
Media Fellowship House Overview
Media Fellowship House exists to promote fellowship and understanding between diverse cultures, viewpoints and generations. The organization’s mission is to provide programs that promote diversity, social justice, and economic empowerment. For more information, please visit our website: www.mediafellowshiphouse.org
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
Responsibilities of MFH Executive Director include, but are not limited to:
The Media Fellowship House is undergoing a transformative process and is looking for a creative and dynamic Executive Director to work in concert with the Board of Directors to implement its strategic plan and lead the organization in the conceptualization and implementation of relevant new programming, branding, and communications. The Executive Director will also lead efforts to attract funds and build relationships with community stakeholders, while leading a collaborative team that includes the housing program staff, program coordinator and volunteers.
Other responsibilities include:
- Oversight of the strategic planning process and implementation of plan recommendations.
- Working with the Board of Directors and program coordinator to develop and implement a coordinated calendar of engaging and relevant programming that advances the mission and goals of Media Fellowship House.
- Oversight of the organization’s budget, administration and daily operation of the house
- Oversight of fund-raising efforts including grant writing, cultivating individual and corporate donor relationships and overseeing fundraising events.
- Adequately staffing programs, supervising of staff and volunteers in addition to making recommendations to the Personnel Committee
- Seeking and developing collaborations with organizations whose missions are similar or complimentary to MFH
- Attending and providing status reports and projections at monthly Board meetings and special committee meetings as to activities, accomplishments and challenges facing MFH
- Oversight and content contributions to website, correspondence, agendas, reports and newsletters
- Attending in-person and virtual events, meetings or functions as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors to promote MFH
- Create and organize virtual programs, events, and meetings
- Oversight of contract and lease negotiations and House operations
General Traits for Success as Executive Director at MFH include, but are not limited to:
Bachelor’s degree and/or demonstrated experience in organizational development.
Minimum of three to five years’ previous non-profit experience. Knowledge of the community a plus. Other skills include:
- High-energy strategic thinker with the ability to operationalize ideas.
- Proven leadership skills that promote cohesive relationships among MFH staff and volunteers
- Skilled in working in a collaborative manner to build relationships and teams with multiple external stakeholders, to include capacity to understand interests of neighborhood organizations and businesses, institutional nonprofits including funders and civic organizations.
- Demonstrated ability in fund development, to include being the face of an organization in stewarding funder and donor relationships. Ability to oversee grant management and reporting.
- Managerial expertise including budget development and management and working with a governing board
- Proven experience working with diverse populations, including experience in building bridges to develop relationships, trust and credibility
- Social media and technical savvy; comfort with various technical platforms
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and assignments
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Self-Motivated and intellectually curious
- Integrity, compassion and passion for Media Fellowship House’s mission
- Experience with QuickBooks, Excel, Powerpoint, G Suite