31 West 125th Street
The Finance Manager ensures that financial information is accurate, timely, and provided to the Executive Director, allowing the organization to make informed decisions. The Finance Manager reports to and partners with the Executive Director to lead financial administration, business planning, human resources, payroll, budgeting and office operations. The Finance Manager is responsible for the interpretation of the results, development of cost control measures, and providing forward-thinking solutions considering economic, industry, government regulation, and social issues.
Financial and Operational Management
Budgeting, planning, forecasting, and financial analysis
- Develop the annual budget with each department and Executive Director
- Monitor actual financial performance in relation to the budget
- Present operational metrics to both Executive Director and the Board of Directors
- Ensure that financial systems are in place that transactions are recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Maintain the general ledger of the company
- Monitor the use of all funds.
- Ensure that accounting system is set-up properly and able to generate accurate and informative financial reports.
- Prepare and communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
- Prepare and enter all journal entries as needed including income, receivables, payables, and payroll
- Manage cash flow and forecasting
- Direct all financial and project-based accounting
- Oversee the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics for WITS’ Board of Directors
- Oversee HR and related issues for a mix of part-time and full-time staff
- Responsible for the administration of payroll as well as employee benefits including Medical, Dental, 401-k, etc.
- Prepare annual 1099’s for vendors
- Prepare annual 990 with accounting firm
- Prepare financial section of Annual Report, as applicable
Audit and Compliance
- Assist Executive Director and accounting firm in coordinate audit activities
- Ensure WITS complies with Sarbanes-Oxley and other industry guidelines
Governance and Internal Controls
- Oversee the development and implementation of the WITS financial policies and procedures
- Review and develop Internal Controls
Ideal Qualifications and Skills
- CPA or accounting degree
- A minimum of seven years experience in finance, accounting or a related field, including at least five years management experience in finance in a non-profit context
- Understanding of nonprofit management and governance preferred
- Proven track record in the development of complex nonprofit organizational budgets
- Experience and proficiency in Quick Books and Salesforce is required
- An ability to communicate financial systems in ways comprehensible to people outside the finance field
- Expertise in financial analysis and activity, accounting, budget development, control and reporting, and internal controls required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com