Reporting to the Clinical/Program Director, this position is responsible for providing leadership for a transitional and community-based program supporting adults with mental illness on their journey toward recovery and greater independence. The position provides the link to full-time staff regarding resident and Extended Community member concerns, crises, issues, etc. that come up over the weekend period.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Ensure that all program participants receive optimal quality of care and support.
· Be aware of resident schedules (comings and goings) and maintain an accurate account of who is in the building and their well-being.
· Respond to emergencies during shift, including use of on-call clinical support.
· Follow through with any crisis plans put in place by on-call clinical staff.
· Do medication check-ins as scheduled and assist residents and extended community members in obtaining information for medication concerns.
· Uphold all policies/guidelines set by Gould Farm and the Boston Area Programs.
· Complete morning and evening log checklist sheets, including all relevant information during shifts; summarize in weekend log notes.
· Complete household projects as requested and transition with staff at the beginning and end of shift.
· Tend to the general appearance of the house and encourage residents to maintain a clean, orderly, and safe home. Assist residents with chores and menu planning.
· Assist residents with transportation support by helping them use the mbta.com trip advisor and obtaining directions from websites online. Provide occasional transportation in Fellside vehicle in circumstances authorized by on-call staff.
· Support Boston Area Program Extended Community members by phone; support any Extended Community members on respite at Fellside during the weekend, which may include implementing particular intervention plans; support an occasional Gould Farm guest visiting or arriving on a weekend.
· Act as front line person for any maintenance concerns that arise on Fellside property. Contact on-call staff and follow appropriate plan as situation warrants.
Qualifications: BA degree with 2-3 years in human services desired. Compassion, warm and clear communication skills and driver’s license required. Good organizational, computer and planning skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member. Patience, interest in learning and wellness, and a sense of humor required. Available to work one shift per month Saturday 9am - Sunday 3:15pm including sleeping on site. Knowledge of Boston area, non-smokers and availability for additional weekday substitute shifts preferred. Rate of pay: $14.54/awake hours & $12.75/sleep hours.
Contact Info: If interested, send cover letter & resume to: email@example.com. Please reference w/e Relief in your correspondence.
For more information about Gould Farm, please visit www.gouldfarm.org
Reporting to the Clinical/Program Director, this position is responsible for providing leadership for a transitional and community-based program supporting adults with mental illness on their journey toward recovery and greater…