Mission Statement: Growing Up Green Charter School empowers children to be conscious, contributing members of their community through a rigorous curriculum and an engaging green culture. Graduates of GUGCS will be prepared to attend high-performing schools where their interdisciplinary academic foundation, knowledge of sustainability, and strong sense of self sets them apart as leaders of the future.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for the following positions for our Long Island City Elementary and Middle Schools:
- Associate Teacher, 5th Grade Classroom (starting immediately)
- Maternity Leave Classroom Teachers (starting December 2018 and January 2019)
- Maternity Leave Learning Specialist at Middle School (starting February 2019) – must have Special Education/ Students w. Disabilities Certification. Learning Specialist job description can be found HERE.
We are currently seeking highly qualified candidates for the following positions for our Jamaica, NY Elementary School:
- Maternity Leave Kindergarten Teachers (starting in October and December)
- Music Teacher - Maternity Leave (starting in November)
• Master's Degree
• At least two years classroom teaching experience in elementary or middle school grades
Required Certificates & Licenses: Teaching certificate, NYC DOE/Fingerprinting & Background Clearance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Growing Up Green is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and value a diverse workforce, and we seek diversity among applicants for this position.
Please send your resume and cover letter to the Director of Recruitment, Aramis Grant, at email@example.com.
In the subject of your email, please include the title of position and the school location you are applying for.
For more information on Growing Up Green Charter Schools, visit us at: www.gugcs.org