Sr. Administrative Assistant / Financial Reporting - 18093
- Job posted by World Wildlife Fund United States
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Senior Administrative Assistant/Financial Reporting at our Washington, DC office. This position performs a variety of complex administrative duties and responsibilities to ensure the smooth functioning of direct-mail marketing and fulfillment programs using administrative skills, organizational skills, and detailed knowledge of the organization and its programs and policies. This position processes work that supports the direct marketing and fulfillment teams.
- Financial accountability – Assists supervisor with developing preliminary data and background information for budgeting preparation process. Monitors expense reports and may seek explanation for significant variations and forwards questionable items to supervisor. Does data entry processing of budget codes for large volumes of invoices that pertain to membership marketing as well as for Partners in Conservation and Gift Planning. Prepares checks and/or requests wire transfers. Compiles financial reporting requested by others.
- Record-Keeping – Collects information and maintains logs, records and lists on a regular basis using word processing spreadsheets (Excel) or database software. Reviews, validates and inputs data collected by self or provided by others. Identify problems with the data and coordinates with others to resolve problems as needed. Record-keeping also entails processing large volumes of Journal Entry Reclasses as well as managing large volumes of emails that include US postal receipts from acknowledgment fulfillment mailings which must be reconciled.
- Document Review and Preparation – Composes correspondence to U.S. Postal Service and other vendors as well as complex documents such as expense details from the GL to provide staff with reports. Ensure documents are correct and accurate.
- Report Preparation – Using information compiled in logs, records and lists, this position may assist with compiling and preparing information for presentations for internal staff. An additional responsibility requires assembling notebook binders containing cost sheets and samples of direct response marketing materials each quarter for the quarterly joint cost analysis review.
- Communication – Handles a variety of requests from staff and supervisor to assist with detail reporting needs. Answers complex inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of department procedures. Interfaces regularly with a large diverse group of individuals both internally and externally.
- General Office Duties – Assist with production of documents, reports and other materials, and distribution of materials. May assist with the coordination of meetings/conferences and repairing materials. Performs miscellaneous office duties including typing, filing samples of all direct response marketing materials, faxing, photocopying, collating and distributing materials, and sorting and distributing mail. May screen and prioritize mail for other staff. May assign work and coordinate projects performed by part-time and temporary staff. Provides general orientation and training.
- Retrieve final scans for direct response marketing packages from our FTP site and uploading each to our internal directories. Also preparing, monitoring and enforcing a schedule for direct marketing program staff which includes specific deadlines for submitting invoices and accruals for end of year closing.
- Performs Other Duties as Assigned
- Education / Experience - A high school diploma. Five years of demonstrated progressive responsibility in an Administrative Assistant position required. An Associate degree or Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Skills and Abilities - Demonstrated proficiency using word processing and spreadsheet software (Excel) packages to create documents reports and logs required. Knowledge of database packages preferred.
- Extremely Detail Oriented and Self-Motivated - This position will have very little supervision managing detailed financial reports. Must maintain an extremely high degree of accuracy at all times.
- Experience with accounting or bookkeeping a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills a must as this position interfaces with a large diverse group of individuals.
- Please visit our Careers Page, job#18093, to submit an online application including resume and cover letter
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Minimum Education Required