The Director, Human Resources is responsible for the management of day-to-day functions and long- term planning of onboarding, offboarding, benefits, medical leaves, performance management, compliance, and human resources technology. This work is carried out in support of the mission and goals of Samaritan Daytop Village (SDV).
Oversight, Management & Collaboration
- Provide support and guidance to all staff regarding designated Human Resources disciplines including, but not limited to: onboarding, offboarding, benefits, medical leaves, performance management, compliance, and human resources technology.
- Supervise assigned Human Resources staff, providing guidance and development opportunities.
- Continuously seek to improve the quality of HR outcomes and contributions to the organization.
- Recommend methods and approaches to HR functions that result in streamlined
- processes, increased efficiencies and the delivery of information, tools &
- resources to staff.
On-boarding, Off-boarding, Payroll, & Employee Life Cycle Maintenance
- Ensure timely processing of new hires, promotions, transfers and departures to include compliance with all regulations, laws and organizational policies and procedures.
- Foster a pleasant and smooth on-boarding process through oversight of the processes, including, but not limited to, new hire documents, internal and external communications regarding new hires, transfers, etc., and resources.
- Management of New Hire Orientation and facilitation of HR presentations.
- Oversight of the information flow related to the processing of payroll related matters and resolution of payroll related matters connected to HR functions.
- Ensure departing employees are off-boarded timely and appropriately.
- Conduct exit interviews as assigned and collaborate with the team on the analysis of exit interviews and the documentation of results.
- Work with HR assigned staff to keep employee information up to date on an ongoing basis; monitor and audit systems and processes to this end.
- Provide interpretation of HR policies and procedures to staff at all levels.
Benefits & Leave Management
- Oversee the Benefits functions, providing supervision and guidance to Benefits and Leave Management staff and ensuring same are compliant.
- Work with Benefit and Leave Management staff to provide quality benefits and leave management information and support to staff, this includes proposing upgrades and/or new workflows and services as appropriate and implementation of same.
Human Resources Technology
- Implement Human Resources Technology and other technology as appropriate and serve as point person for HR technology related to functional areas of responsibility.
- Ensure the integrity of the data in the Human Resources Information (HRIS) system.
- Partner with other departments to maximize the technology within the organization.
Training & Development
- Oversee the coordination of trainings related to HR functional areas of responsibility and collaborate on the development of HR trainings in other HR functional areas.
- Evaluate the impact of HR trainings and make recommendations to improve content, delivery, etc.
- Collaborate with Training Department ensuring communication of all necessary mandated training needs, updates, etc.
Performance Management & Employee Relations
- Oversee the performance evaluation process and seek to improve and/or expand upon performance evaluation practices.
- Coach management on performance management as necessary.
- Conduct employee grievances as assigned, and maintain all applicable files relating to grievances.
- Communicate termination of employment as needed, to include, but not limited to job abandonments & violations of company policies and attend unemployment hearings in relation to same.
- Participate in and lead as assigned, employee engagement initiatives, including, but not limited to, employee appreciation days, special events, recognition and motivation initiatives and employee surveys.
Reporting, Compliance & Audits
- Produce routing reports related to HR functional areas of responsibility, and ad hoc reports as requested.
- Ensure monitoring of staff compliance areas (ie., exclusions, licensing and sanctions) is consistent, compliant and all escalations handled timely and appropriately.
- Oversee the completion of or complete as necessary external and/or internal requests for reports related to HR functional areas of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and regulatory laws and/or requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of trends and changes in Human Resources legislation.
- Supervise Receptionist and concierge services at Headquarters.
- Collaborate with the HR team members who lead or focus in other HR functions (i.e. Talent Acquisition and Employee Engagement).
- Immediately report any problems unusual occurrences to supervisor.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Required Education, Experience and/or Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position in a mid-sized organization (500+ employees).
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in program development and management.
- Ability to balance shifting priorities and keep track of multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Track record gaining trusting and establishing credibility.
- Team player with sensitivity to cultural and personal diversity.
- Professional achievements related to culture management and delivery of outstanding internal customer service.
- Strong computer literacy with proficiency in standard office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Access.
- Proficiency in Human Resources Information Systems.
- Prior experience implementing Human Resources Technology.
Preferred Education, Experience and/or Skills:
- Master’s degree.
- Professional Human Resources, Senior Professional Human Resources or similar certification.
- Experience in a multi-site and/or non-profit human services or health care environment.
- Experience working with OASAS, DHS, OMH and/or other city, state of federal agencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
SDV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.