<img src="//:0" height="85" width="89">Position: Regional Executive Director
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Organization: After-School All-Stars
Location: Flexible, New York City, Washington, DC, Philadelphia, PA, Newark, NJ
After-School All-Stars (ASAS) is one of the leading national after-school program providers in the country. Our comprehensive school-based programs combine academics, enrichment, and health and fitness activities to help build the knowledge and skills children need to succeed, both in school and in life. Founded as a national organization by Arnold Schwarzenegger in 1992, ASAS is building a national model for after-school program delivery through our 19 chapters, all of which serve nearly 75,000 youth in major urban centers.
A Unique Opportunity:
The Regional Executive Director-Northeast (RED) serves as the lead for one of three geographic regions within After-School All-Stars. The RED-Northeast will work closely with chapter Executive Directors and the National Home Office to execute the regional strategy and guide chapters to their overall strategic goals. The RED leads the Regional Development Director and Regional Program Manager in providing excellent customer service to chapters and ensures they have the tools necessary to provide high quality programs for schools and students. The Northeast Region includes New York City, New Jersey (Newark area), Philadelphia, PA/Camden, NJ, Chicago, IL, and Washington, DC.
- Work in partnership with Executive Directors across the region to create and implement a regional strategic plan that aligns with the mission and vision of the organization and works in concert with priorities of the National Home Office to drive quality programs and strong outcomes for under-served students in after-school.
- Model and implement high standards of operational excellence across the region including high level oversight of chapter budgets, financial review, and safe and healthy compliance practices.
- Support Executive Directors in the creation of individual and chapter goals and follow accountability metrics and feedback loops as detailed in the ASAS performance process.
- Introduce tactics and accountability systems to track progress towards regional goals.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for progress towards goals in the areas of programming, fundraising, and operations in all chapters within the region and introduce tactics and accountability systems to track and analyze results.
- Identify and develop organizational efficiencies and areas of opportunity through deep needs assessment and develop corresponding short and long-term support strategies.
- Provide strategic thought partnership to Executive Directors across the region including support in Board management, growth plans, and internal staffing structures.
- Work cross functionally with all departments across the National Home Office to promote network wide strategic priorities in alignment with chapter goals.
- Manage Regional Development Director meet or exceed revenue goals for the region.
- Manage Regional Program Manager to meet or exceed program goals for the region.
Who should apply?
The RED should embody ASAS’s core values: accountable, collaborative, transparent, proactive, and entrepreneurial. The RED is a senior level leadership position and is expected to have at least 15 years’ experience in the field of nonprofit management with demonstrated success in program, fundraising, and organizational oversight. The ideal candidate will also possess excellent interpersonal and stewardship skills with the ability to passionately communicate ASAS’s mission and accomplishments. An understanding of the local non-profit, education landscape and a successful fundraising track record within the region is strongly preferred. An undergraduate degree is required.
The salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the individual candidate. ASAS offers competitive benefits including, but not limited to 18 days of paid time off, 15 paid holidays, health, dental, vision, and an employer match for our 403(b) plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to: email@example.com. Your cover letter should be in PDF format and indicate how your experience is in direct alignment with the mission and vision of After-School All-Stars. Please put “RED-Northeast” and your last name in the subject heading.
To learn more about ASAS, please visit our website: www.afterschoolallstars.org