Details: Salary for this role is in the low $70’s
ABOUT ECHOING GREEN
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Echoing Green’s unparalleled community of talent consists of more than 700 innovators who have launched Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
Echoing Green accelerates talent that will change the world for the better.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Echoing Green seeks a passionate and detail-oriented project manager and relationship builder with demonstrated experience in creating initiatives that help the advancement of black men and boys in the United States. This role will be a part of a team that manages the search, selection, and support of an incredible group of promising social entrepreneurs.
Fellow Portfolio Support
- Provide individualized technical assistance to Fellows through thought partnership, accountability partnership and connections that support their leadership competency and confidence.
- Implement Echoing Green’s Leadership Development Framework by utilizing the robust set of tools and networks available to deliver support.
- Draw on coaching skills to connect deeply with Fellows to assess their leadership development progress on a regular basis.
- Manage a discretionary spending budget to provide support to Fellows.
- Develop culturally competent resources and tools to support Black Male Achievement Fellows, including workshops, trainings and webinars and recruiting relevant partners.
External Relationship Management and Stakeholder Engagement
- Maintain and build relationships with key stakeholders in the Black Male Achievement sector ( Ex: Campaign for Black Male Achievement, BMe Community, My Brother’s Keeper Alliance, etc.) to elevate Echoing Green’s presence and voice in the Black Male Achievement sector as field leaders committed to improving life outcomes for boys and men of color.
- Represent Echoing Green and the Black Male Achievement Fellowship Program at external events and speaking engagements
- Identify and develop organizational partnerships (including peer organizations, academic institutions, professional service firms, or other nonprofits) that would be of benefit to Black Male Achievement Fellows in an advisory capacity
- Work collaboratively with the Development team to cultivate and engage donors to financially support the Black Male Achievement Fellowship
- Participate in an in-depth, multi-month search and selection process for future Fellows; actively build on the existing BMA Fellow pipeline
- Keep track of the Fellows’ progress and support interventions, and manage a large volume of information related to all activities concerning Fellows.
- Work within broader program strategy and parameters to design, develop, and test curriculum, webinars, workshops, etc.
- Participate in the development of overall Individual Fellow Support strategy/goal setting; conduct research to support program design within associated budgets and work plans.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of 5 years work experience with non-profit or social enterprise sector experience or an equivalent graduate degree
- Understanding of, and experience in, a start-up Black Male Achievement cohort
- Coaching experience highly desired.
- Passion for Echoing Green’s mission and for the work of social entrepreneurs to improve life outcomes for black men and boys
- Strong ability to work independently, but also desire for and experience with working in high-performing teams; ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues and trends in the Black Male Achievement space.
- Deep appetite for networking, relationship building, and public speaking.
- Understanding of, and experience in, producing fundraising events and managing large and small scale event
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and creating and improving processes
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong facility with MS Office required; SalesForce.com, preferred
This position is based in New York City. The candidate must be located or be willing to relocate to New York for this role.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.
Echoing Green offers a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching 403(b) plan, paid time off, and much more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested individuals must apply through the links provided. Please note that applicants will only be contacted via email from a proper 'echoinggreen.org' address. We will never communicate via text, chat, or video calls with prospective jobseekers except where special considerations are requested.