25 Kingston St. 4F
Generations Incorporated improves the literacy skills of young children through grade three by engaging professionally trained older adult volunteers as literacy coaches in our partner schools and after-school programs. We serve communities where opportunity gaps exist to ensure all students have the resources to become literacy proficient. Our highly-effective programming annually helps over 3,400 children improve their literacy skills to help them succeed in school and beyond. Generations Incorporated is an affiliate of AARP Foundation Experience Corps, a national leader in engaging older adult tutors to improve K-3 student literacy.
Overview of Position: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of fundraising activities. The Development Manager will work closely with the Institutional Relations Coordinator to create comprehensive strategies for all aspects of Generations Incorporated’s annual development plan. This includes planning innovative programs, events, and appeals to ensure goals are met. Generations Incorporated is entering a period of strategic growth to which this position will be integral.
Individual Donor and Corporate Relations
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to create a comprehensive strategy for cultivation and solicitation to reach organizational goals
- Research prospective donors in preparation for Executive Director donor visits, support solicitation and coordinate necessary follow-up
- Expand and diversify support from individual donor database through direct mail solicitation and other strategies for donor engagement
- Oversee the management of records using the Salesforce database
- Manage thank you letters and other correspondence with donors
Events and Event Planning
- Assist in all aspects of the organization’s annual fundraising event, including logistics, auctions, corporate and individual fundraising, etc.
- Manage other small events including but not limited to house parties, donor events, corporate volunteer activities
Board and Development Committee Management
- As needed, assist the Executive Director in all board relations including communications, board meeting coordination, minute taking, and the engagement of board in fundraising activities
- Be the staff liaison for the Development Committee, organizing meetings, communicating with members, setting agendas, and follow-up as needed
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in nonprofit development or related field
- Highly motivated with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity of donor databases and how they are used to support development
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Experience with project management and delegating tasks to staff and volunteers to reach shared goals
- Positive attitude, commitment to organizational mission and appreciation for older adults and intergenerational work
Full time (approximately 40 hours per week) salary position. Benefits include health, dental, and long term disability, as well as 403b retirement plan with employer contribution, flexible schedule, generous personal time, and supportive working environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
You can learn more about Generations Incorporated on the web at www.generationsinc.org. Please send resume and cover letter (why are you excited to apply?) electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Generations Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating and supporting a diverse work environment. Candidates of color, bilingual, bi-cultural and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.