Details: $17 - $ 19/hour up to 20 hours a week.
166 Eddy Street
Based in San Francisco’s Tenderloin District, the Vietnamese Youth Development Center (VYDC) is a multi-service agency offering services in employment and leadership training, education support and advocacy as well as individual and family counseling for immigrant and low-income youth and their families. The Center’s programs help to divert youth by providing constructive activities that impact their world increase their individual and cultural pride as well as build community spirit. Founded over 39 years ago, VYDC serves over 500 young people of all background each year.
VYDC is currently seeking a Part-time Front Desk Program Assistant to support our program and administrative duties on behalf of our organizations. The Program Assistant will support the day to day administrative duties such as client intakes, assessments, referrals and linkages and outreach efforts to Southeast Asian community members.
- Answer phones and route calls to specific programs
- Warmly greet and welcome clients, staff, and community members
- Clerical duties as needed such as receive and respond to mail request, inquiry, follow through.
- Deliver mail to appropriate staff and open agency bills and incoming checks: Stamp date received letter/mail/bills and logging mail etc.
- Prepare and mail donation letters for fundraisers.
- Maintain accurate client records and reporting procedures.
- Prepare daily client sign-in sheet/file previous sign in.
- Assist with entering, completing, and submitting monthly internal and external reports through required reporting systems.
- Attend to facility needs and is the point person.
- Prep and replenish office/program items for client, staff, and guests.
- File documents
- Close agency gate/doors/sweet and clear front entrance
- And ad hoc task/projects/duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be able to work between the hours of 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Customer service oriented, friendly
- Proficient in Google and Microsoft office suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must pass TB and Fingerprint Clearance prior to working at VYDC
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, patience, diplomacy, and tact.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with a diverse staff and clientele.
- Bilingual and/or bicultural in a Southeast Asian language (Cambodian, Laotian or Vietnamese) is preferred.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume addressing to Khanh Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org or VYDC, 166 Eddy Street, San Francisco, CA 94102. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to embracing diversity and consider all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, HIV/AIDS or veteran status.
Prorated sick, vacation and holidays
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual and/or bi-cultural in a Southeast Asian language (Cambodian, Laotian or Vietnamese) is preferred.
Minimum Education Required