Details: Starting at $50,000 (commensurate with experience)
99 Chauncy Street
POSITION: Pro Bono Manager
DAYS/HOURS: Monday – Friday / 8:30am – 4:30pm
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
LOCATION: 99 Chauncy Street, Suite 400, Boston, MA 02111
SALARY: Starting at $50,000 (commensurate with experience)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Volunteer Lawyers Project of the Boston Bar Association (VLP) seeks an outgoing, energetic, organized person to coordinate and administer all aspects of our case assignments, advertising, recruiting and retention of pro bono volunteers. This position will also work closely with the Executive Director and other executive staff to support fundraising efforts.
VLP's mission is to provide high quality, pro bono legal services in a broad range of civil matters to eligible residents of the greater Boston area, including “Metro-West”; to engage and support the efforts of the private bar in providing pro bono legal services in civil matters; and to engage in constructive collaboration with other legal services organizations.
- Completion of Bachelor Degree or higher
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Heavy use of computer and web-based programs and applications
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to communicate in person, by telephone and via electronic media
- Ability to travel to multiple locations in the Boston area
- Experience with recruiting, orienting, and retaining volunteers
- Experience with business professional communication (written and oral)
- Experience and commitment to working with a broad range of people, including clients, private attorneys, people with disabilities and court personnel
- Commitment to access to justice
- Experience working with Microsoft office, databases, spreadsheets, online surveys, scheduling tools, web content editors and other office applications.
- Experience working independently and coordinating efforts with colleagues.
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Experience generating social media content in a professional setting
- Experience producing a newsletter or similar publication preferred.
- Experience in a customer service environment preferred
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Ability to be flexible with a sense of initiative
- Ability to learn new systems and applications quickly and efficiently
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Careful attention to detail
- Excellent judgment, professionalism, reliability, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience managing multiple tasks
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Administer all aspects of case assignment process to pro bono volunteers, interpreters, and mentors.
- Serve as the point of contact and administer all aspects of recruiting and retaining potential volunteers with the assistance of senior staff members. .
- Field questions from volunteer attorneys and interpreters.
- Coordinate and attend volunteer recruiting, training, and outreach events with senior staff members.
- Coordinate and oversee production of quarterly e-newsletter and periodic communications to volunteers.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of content for our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.)
- Run reports from case management system as needed.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the Summer Unemployment Insurance Project.
- Provide support and coordination for Senior Partners for Justice, including organizing monthly meetings and trainings, drafting correspondence, organizing students for SPJ Internship, monitoring court projects, and other tasks as needed.
- Coordinate Spring Break Student Interns
- Serve as member of the Language Access Committee
- Perform other duties as needed or as directed.
Volunteer Lawyers Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click here to apply