Details: Salary commensurate with experience. Annual contract contingent on grant funding and contracts.
304 Pearl Street
What would it look like, sound like, feel like if every day, in every classroom, the unlimited potential of every child were unleashed? This question—and the unwavering belief that this vision is possible—is why The Center for Leadership and Educational Equity exists.
Working at CLEE: We innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. CLEE is a learning organization with a growth mindset, and we are continuously increasing our organization’s impact and improving ourselves to advance the field of education in leading for equity.
This position: The Business Manager position is multifaceted to help our growing organization scale up our programs and impact. Please read the Responsibilities and Qualifications below carefully.
- Financial Operations: maintains and improves systems to ensure CLEE manages, sustains and expands funding, including bookkeeping, contract management, grants, etc.
- Human Resource Operations: maintains and improves systems related to hiring, payroll, benefits, supervision, etc.
- Development: maintains and improves development efforts, including grant writing, contract development, and events.
- Other Operations: maintains and improves facilities use, relationship with vendors, etc.
- Collaboration: engage in collaborative processes with CLEE staff to continuously improve our individual and collective practice.
- Proven experience as an effective business manager, or relevant role, in which you have maintained and improved business processes needed for non profit growth and sustainability, including but not limited to all aspects of human resources, bookkeeping, operations management, and compliance reporting.
- Proven experience in successful grant writing and other development work to foster external partnerships and support.
- Extremely organized and able to create systems to keep others organized.
- Savvy with social media, Google and other collaborative online tools.
- Self-directed with an open-minded and positive approach to problem-solving.
- Collaborative, able to take/give productive feedback to innovate and achieve our goals.
- Out of the box thinker who can help the organization expand and evolve new ways of reaching toward CLEE’s vision.
- Passionate and invested in our mission to support leaders and teachers to achieve educational excellence and equity.
- CLEE is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff and multicultural environment, and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented communities.
- Knowledgeable of and experienced in the programs run by CLEE.
- Annual contract contingent on grant funding and contracts
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Anticipated start date: Immediate
More information at: clee-ri.org
Medical, dental, retirement, life insurance, long term disability.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply: Send a resume and cover letter that clearly demonstrates how your skills, experiences, knowledge, etc. are a match with the responsibilities and qualifications to Donna Braun at email@example.com. Priority given to those applications received by noon on September 7th.