1701 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Patriotic Millionaires team is looking for someone to join our staff as a Senior Digital Communications Associate. An ideal candidate has a strong background in graphic design and a working knowledge of major economic issues currently facing the country, including tax reform, minimum wage, and campaign finance; as well as a deep knowledge of the evolving social media landscape. We are looking for a forward thinking, innovative and creative mindset that is ready to push Patriotic Millionaires forward through social media; an excellent communicator, copywriter and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions; someone who is effective working independently and in a fast-paced environment; and an enthusiastic team player.
Over the last two years, the Patriotic Millionaires have put a strong emphasis on the expansion of our digital media presence. While our social platforms have seen exponential growth, we are looking for someone to take us to yet even the next level of growth and strategy in anticipation of the role social media will play in 2020.
Digital Media and Design
- Report directly to and work alongside the Director of Content and the Art Director to ensure that accurate and engaging information is constantly being pushed out via our social media platforms in order to reinforce the broader organization narrative.
- Build and nurture a robust and diverse online community of supporters and champions. Manage these audiences day-to-day mainly through our social media program.
- Develop, prepare, and execute strategy to continue to meet the organization’s ambitious growth, engagement, and distribution goals.
- Write compelling, creative, and factually correct copy for all social media channels. Work with Director of Content and Communications Director to amplify key issue areas in coordination with organization’s broader strategy.
- Design and post original content memes, infographics, and short videos. Experience using tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Apple Final Cut Pro, and Canva are highly desired for this role.
- Work with Membership Director to identify, aid, and interact with individual members through social media and email.
- Hold and grow ally relationships to strengthen cross coalition postings through social media. Act as hub for organizing these meetings when directly in the organization’s issue space.
- Catalogue all relevant digital campaign materials and work with endorsed candidates to amplify strong content during relevant electoral cycles.
Work Experience: 2-3 years experience working in digital media, non-profits, and/or a campaign required. Must have direct experience doing project coordination and thorough knowledge of social media.
Skills: Extensive knowledge of software and web technologies, including, but not limited to: expert knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Microsoft Office. Basic knowledge and experience working with Mailchimp and similar Mail Clients, Wordpress, and NGP VAN/EveryAction. Working knowledge and functional proficiency with online performance measurement and impact analysis tools; ability to research, identify, and map intended audiences and stakeholders, and to leverage communication tools and methodologies (such as online monitoring, web analytics, or other tools).
Knowledge: Familiarity with issue or electoral campaigning and nongovernmental organization and political protocol. Working knowledge of tax policy a plus. Knowledge of or experience with the US government particularly Congress. Basic ability to understand different aspects of the various positions regarding public policy issues.
Capabilities: Ability to juggle multiple tasks and manage time, prioritization, project tracking and follow-through; ability to work well with a wide range of people; ability to adapt to challenging situations on a daily basis; excellent attention to detail; ability to undertake projects with minimum supervision. High energy and enthusiasm.
Full medical, dental, and vision insurance offered; three weeks paid vacation; 6% 401(k) match after one year; opportunity to enroll in a healthcare Flexible Spending Account; travel stipend.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter including your desired start date and availability, resume, writing sample, and graphic design example. In addition, please flag at least (1) personal or professional social media platform you have significantly contributed to for review.
Please do not call in regards to this job posting. All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.