Details: According to experience
About the Organization
Founded in 1992, Apex for Youth delivers possibilities to underserved Asian and immigrant youth in New York City by recruiting volunteers to be positive role models for them. Through our mentoring, educational, and athletic programs for students from 1st through 12th grade, Apex volunteers guide and inspire youth to become confident young adults who are ready for college and give back to the community. Today, Apex serves over 1,000 youth with the help of over 300 volunteers. We are proud of our tremendous growth in recent years and are looking to expand our educational services and the positive impact on our youth.
Apex for Youth is seeking a passionate and motivated professional to join our team. The ideal candidate has demonstrated success in overall program management, including program planning and design, curriculum development, and volunteer management. Prior experience working with youth is required.
Reporting to the Educational Program Manager and Program Directors, the full-time Educational Program Coordinator will help provide administration for and implementation of our Saturday educational programs. The Program Coordinator will work with both the Educational and Mentoring departments.
Full-Time Educational Program Coordinator
Apex for Youth, Inc. - New York, NY 10006
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help manage Apex’s volunteer-led educational programs for middle and/or high school students on Saturday sessions during the school year; the Coordinator’s placement in the management of programs will depend on his or her experience. Apex educational programs include ELA and math tutoring, SHSAT test prep, SAT test prep, and workshops on the high school admissions process and college admissions process.
- Help develop an engaging, high-quality curriculum for ELA and math tutoring program that is tailored to meet student needs, including students who are English Language Learners. Make improvements to other educational program curricula as needed.
- Recruit, screen, and train volunteers to ensure quality interactions between volunteers and students. Provide weekly on-site supervision and support at scheduled Saturday sessions.
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with principals and administrative staff at partner schools.
- Regularly communicate with students and volunteers to monitor students’ performance, progress, and achievement of goals; document case management notes.
- Collect and analyze evaluation data, including surveys to students and volunteers for feedback; implement changes based on evaluations; and generate program reports if needed.
- Participate in Apex organizational events and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 2+ years of experience leading educational or youth programs, preferably for middle and/or high school students
- Ability to develop a program curriculum and facilitate large group sessions
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to think quickly and creatively to generate solutions
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of programs, as well as work with and support a team
- Excellent organizational skills, including time management and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and G-suite
- Proficiency and experience with Salesforce preferred
- Available to work on Saturdays and weeknights for work events
- Experience working with Asian American community preferred
- Proficiency in Mandarin a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: 2 Years
Required education: Bachelor's
Required language: English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “FT Educational Coordinator - YOUR NAME”. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No mailed applications.
Looking to hire immediately. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.