- Reports to: Director of Analytics, Action Fund
- Staff reporting to this position: None
- Department: CAP Action War Room
- Position classification: Exempt, full time
With Americans facing an increasing onslaught of news and media content, it has never been more important to amplify progressive policies and build up the necessary communications infrastructure to break through the noise and reach key audiences—and CAP Action is committed to leading the way.
American Progress has an immediate opening for an Analytics Associate to join CAP Action’s amplification and distribution efforts to build the case for progressive policies and values.
A strong candidate for this role will work as part of a team that creates, analyzes, and distributes compelling content across the progressive media landscape—both political and otherwise—in order to improve the performance of progressives online and help to close the engagement gap on progressive content. The Analytics Associate’s responsibilities include measuring content performance, identifying and pursuing trends and engagement opportunities, and tracking key issue areas and conversations across platforms tied to CAP Action’s strategic priorities.
This is a full-time position funded through March 2022.
- In partnership with the Director of Analytics, help develop a data- and insights-driven strategic plan to develop and implement scalable solutions for CAP Action’s social media program and partnerships strategy.
- Conduct organic social media measurement (audience engagement, campaign effectiveness, share of voice, etc.), surfacing actionable insights across CAP Action.
- Contribute to the creation of a robust content-testing strategy to yield regular, actionable insights.
- Create, review, and schedule reports to a wide range of audiences—internal and external—that provide clear and actionable insights.
- Leverage social listening tools to help CAP Action stay on the forefront of emerging social media trends for progressive politics.
- Help synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines and recommended actions for the CAP Action team and other stakeholders, both visually and verbally.
- Facilitate data democratization through design and delivery of data visualizations such as Tableau and Domo where necessary.
Requirements and qualifications:
- One to three years of professional experience in social media, audience development, and/or analytics.
- Experience in social measurement and social listening tools such as Newswhip, CrowdTangle, Sprinklr, and Meltwater.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, often in rapid-response or high-pressure situations.
- Creative and committed to innovation and experimentation.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position has a starting salary of $60,000.