3655 South Grand Ave.
The Healthy Breathing Program Manager will move the Healthy Breathing project forward to meet project outcomes and lead the community-based partnership with local clinics. The Program Manager is responsible for staff supervision and assignments, reports, training and quality assurance activities, coordination of field activities and liaison with staff of program partners. The Program Manager will also be responsible for integrating with the larger health mission and activities of Esperanza Community Housing Corporation.
Program Description: Esperanza Community Housing Corporation’s Healthy Breathing program is an innovative “Healthy Homes” approach to provide care for children and adults suffering from uncontrolled asthma. The purpose of the program is to improve the managements of asthma among children and adults, and decrease preventable emergency room children through a culturally competent and accessible model that utilizes community health workers (Promotores de Salud) who conduct in-home and community-based services. Promotores provide patients and their families with individualized case management support, referrals to clinical care, asthma management education, and environmental health interventions necessary to stabilize and improve their health.
• Providing oversight and coordination for the Healthy Breathing project.
• Supervising Esperanza’s Healthy Breathing project staff to meet aligned project goals. Assisting with project coordination for other programming and projects for Esperanza as needed.
• Developing the infrastructure to advance project and reach grant objectives, including coordination with leadership and staff of subcontracting agencies.
• Coordinating all project activities related to Healthy Breathing production objectives.
• Supervising, coordinating, and monitoring program staff, and evaluation activities.
• Writing and submitting grant reports. Coordinating with relevant staff to collect the necessary data to report on achievement and evaluation of grant goals and objectives.
• Developing Healthy Breathing presentations, trainings, and technical assistance tools that can be delivered to other community health centers in South Los Angeles.
• Representing Esperanza Community Housing Corporation on relevant coalitions/collaboratives and at public policy hearings (e.g. Asthma Coalition of Los Angeles County, City Planning meetings).
• Representing Esperanza Community Housing Corporation at key events related to the Healthy Homes South Los Angeles project.
• Integrating with Esperanza’s Healthy Homes program.
• Coordinating deeply and integrating AsMa: The Asthma Academy, to train Asthma Home Visitors, and working closely with Esperanza’s AsMa Project Manager.
• Representing the Healthy Breathing program on Esperanza’s Management Team.
• Understanding and support of Esperanza’s organizational Vision, Mission & Values
• 1-2 years experience in project management or coordination
• Experience facilitating collaborative projects involving multiple departments or agencies
• 2-3 years experience working in public health, social service, and/or public policy
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bi-lingual in Spanish and English required
• Master’s degree in relevant field preferred
• Asthma Educator Certification preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with, and knowledge of, multi-ethnic and underserved communities
• Experience working on environmental or chronic disease issues (e.g. asthma, lead poisoning, etc.)
Medical and dental benefits, 401K, group life insurance, and long term disability offered.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency in both English and Spanish required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, and salary history to email@example.com with Subject Line: Healthy Breathing Program Manager