Marketing and Communications Manager
- Job posted by American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
District of Columbia
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is the premier not-for-profit organization for women's health care. Comprised of over 58,000 physician-members who are experts in women's health care, ACOG provides to its members the highest quality education opportunities, practice-oriented resources, research, advocacy, and organizational support. With headquarters located in S.W. Washington, DC, we provide a positive, supportive work environment, excellent benefits and so much more! To learn more about our organization, please visit us at www.acog.org.
ACOG has begun a 3-year, $20 million strategic plan to transform ACOG's products and services, with the goal of increasing value to our members and customers. A key focus area is redefining and expanding our marketing and communications activities, such as member engagement and communications. As a result, ACOG is currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to develop and implement compelling communications and marketing plans and messaging across channels to improve member engagement and communications as well as strengthen membership recruitment and retention. As an integral part of the recently established Digital Marketing and Audience Engagement team, this new role will work directly with MarComm colleagues and collaborate closely with the Membership Department.
Membership Marketing. Working closely with the Membership Department, develop a full marketing plan for membership, including implementing, monitoring, and evaluating retention and reactivation campaigns. Identify potential membership markets and monitor trends. Plan and implement targeted marketing communications in various channels (direct mail, email, social media, etc.) to member and non-member physicians. Develop compelling content to improve member understanding and value of member benefits.
Member Communications and Content. Develop and oversee governance, best practices and voice for member content and messaging, including editorial/style guides, to ensure effective and consistent organization-wide messaging with members. Develop processes to provide review and guidance for content developed by other Departments. Manage the member communications editorial calendar. Directly develop and/or oversee the development of compelling, brand-based content such as website information, articles, emails, presentations, videos, blog posts and social media posts.
Communications and Marketing Support for Districts and Sections. Provide communications and marketing consultation and liaison support for ACOG's District and Sections, working closely with ACOG staff (District Managers). Develop and oversee member content governance. Assess needs and work with District Managers to develop communications and plans and collateral materials, set metrics, and monitor/report on results. Develop and present reports to staff and volunteer leadership.
Communications Support for Member Customer Service. Provide communications support to the Membership Department in developing systems, processes, and messaging to respond to member inquires via email, phone and other formats (such as chat bots).
Data-Driven Communications. Develop and maintain membership demographic profile reports and analytics, and make recommendations regarding individual recruitment campaigns. Introduce greater segmentation and personalization to ACOG member communications, responding to members' existing and anticipated needs, with the goal of increasing engagement.
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in digital and print marketing and communications in the health field, with a focus on member communications and marketing (including acquisition, retention, and engagement). Experience with physician and/or health professional audiences is highly desired.
- Demonstrated customer service proficiency, exhibiting high standards of timeliness and responsiveness
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated proficiency in copywriting and developing member-focused content across channels (such as email, website pages, social media, e-newsletters, print materials)
- Experience with data analysis, marketing analytics, and segmentation
- Excellent management and leadership skills (i.e., creating and working in a team environment, analytical skills, interpersonal and communication skills)
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity and basic proficiency using tools such as Associate Management Systems/AMS (Netforum), content management systems/CMS (SiteCore), email platforms (MagnetMail), and presentation tools (PowerPoint)
Minimum Education Required