5 Pennsylvania Plaza
Founded in 1972, Covenant House is the largest charity across the hemisphere serving homeless, trafficked and runaway youth. Located in 31 cities across 6 countries (Canada, the United States, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua) Covenant House offers a broad range of essential services to help youth move from poverty to opportunity and from homelessness to hope. These services include emergency shelter, transitional and supported housing, food, clothing, legal aid, medical care, educational services (including high school diploma programs and GED certificate programs), job training and placement services, childcare and parenting support programs.
Purpose of position: To grow the existing sustainer program and maximize its potential for revenue and file stability. This position is responsible for enhancing, managing and coordinating all aspects of Covenant House’s monthly sustainer program. Daily responsibilities include acquiring, retaining, upgrading, and recapturing sustainers, as well as backend operations.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and implement annual and multi-year plans to maximize sustainer growth.
- Align direct marketing and digital fundraising sustainer programs to create one-unified strategy with many different messaging options.
- Create annual budget.
- Establish incentive structure and recognition plan for sustainers.
- Explore testing new channels and payment options.
- Manage these initiatives if tests are successful.
- Research and identify trends in other monthly giving programs and bring new ideas to the team.
- Optimize under-utilized opportunities in other channels and initiatives (renewal mailings, sustainer recapture, upgrading, digital targeting and re-targeting, paid social media campaigns).
- Work with Covenant House gift processing, donor communications, and other staff to assess and implement improvements to existing backend processes, procedures and vendors (including credit card and EFT processing).
- Lead strategic conversations about creative direction and graphic design.
- Investigate means to improving cost-efficiency for all initiatives for which responsible.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- At least 4 years of experience with a monthly sustainer program at a nonprofit organization or in a similar capacity with emphasis on campaign management.
- The ability to lead projects that involve multiple departments, consultants and vendors.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be very competent at reporting data relating to program performance.
- Knowledge of Team Approach or other relationship fundraising databases.
- Advanced EXCEL knowledge.
- Knowledge of G-Suite for Nonprofits.
- Commitment to Covenant House’s mission to serve youth experiencing homelessness.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a defined contribution plan (403)b plan with employer match and an annual employer contribution, medical and dental insurance, employee assistance plan, long-term disability plan, flexible spending accounts, up to 4 weeks’ vacation, 4 personal days, 13 sick days and 11 paid holidays during the year.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume with salary requirements. Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.