P.O. Box 98, Prince St. Station
A great opportunity for a person with solid skills who is committed to social justice and has experience with low-income rural communities in the U.S.
The Program and Administrative Assistant will contribute to the development of this vital, evolving social justice organization that works to strengthen poor rural communities and emerging leaders in these places.
Administrative and program responsibilities include assistance with the following:
- Recruitment and selection of participants,
- Coordination of a month-long on-campus Rural Development Institute
- Support to participating rural community leaders and their advisors in the field,
- Planning and coordination of gatherings,
- Special projects;
- Organizational planning and review;
- Fundraising, communications, finances, record keeping, reporting and documentation
-Updating website, managing webinars
We are seeking person with passion for social justice, preferably with experience in the rural U.S.
Previous experience in social justice, rural community development, nontraditional education, organizing, fundraising, and nonprofit administration is a plus. Work location preferably in New York.
Initial responsibilities will include record keeping, bookkeeping, database maintenance and similar administrative tasks.
There is room for growth in the position to support the program goals. Important qualifications include:
- Ability to nurture the development of emerging leaders individually and in groups and to advocate
effectively on their behalf.
- Commitment to values of equity and bottom-up development.
- Ability to relate to and cooperate with people of diverse backgrounds and kinds and levels of
responsibility within the Network and in other organizations.
- Strong writing and speaking skills.
- Ability to conceptualize rural issues and policies,
- Personal experience with rural poverty.
-Web and graphic design skills helpful
-Fundraising experience important
Prefer master’s degree or equivalent, with experience and study in such fields as Community Development, Ethnic Studies, Women’s Studies, Social Sciences, Fundraising and Grantmaking, Food Studies, English, Communications
Salary is dependent upon experience and availability of funds.
Please provide a letter of interest and resume
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com