Details: Commensurate with exp.
District of Columbia
Provide policy, administrative, and logistical support for the NACHC State Affairs team. The Program Associate will be responsible for assisting with state policy analysis and research, member casework and communications, policy resource development, event planning and preparation, and other key support functions. Position is an integral member of a high-functioning, effective national government relations department representing a nationwide constituency of health care providers and patients.
- Provide administrative and policy support to the NACHC State Affairs department.
- Track, monitor and report on state policy developments using MediRegs and other online tools including media.
- Support the development and preparation of materials and resources to educate health centers and partners on state policy issues and to be tailored for use in meetings with state policymakers.
- Manage and develop content for newsletters to primary care associations, the NACHC State Issues webpages, and NACHC blogs with input from members of the State Affairs team.
- Manage NACHC’s state database, which tracks relevant state-level policies and issues and is used to inform policy priorities, technical assistance, and training and tool development.
- Attend policy briefings and coalition meetings on behalf of NACHC.
- Organize, schedule/coordinate, and provide logistical support for events. Events include webinars, conference sessions, teleconferences, department meetings, workgroup meetings, and other events, as assigned.
- Cover a specific state policy portfolio of issues and projects, developed in coordination with the Director of State Affairs.
- Manage the Public Policy and Research division internship program.
- Provide project management support.
- Logistical support including copying, scanning, filing, expense/reimbursement tracking, in coordination with the Office Manager.
- Some scheduling work for the State Affairs team.
Qualifications for Position:
- Degree (B.A. minimum) in political science, public policy, public health or a related field.
- At least two years of health policy experience. Previous work experience with community health centers and/or primary care associations, preferred but not required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, ability to communicate internally and externally with tact and professionalism.
- Ability to synthesize and clearly communicate complex health care policy issues to community health centers and primary care associations.
- Flexible and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Team-spirited, has a positive and can-do attitude, and hard working.
- Able to work in fast paced environment with the ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Strong proficiency with technology (MS Office Suite, Web publishing, databases).
- Occasional travel and periodic night and weekend work required
- Must be located in Washington, DC Office
Hours per day or week
- Seven and a half hours per day; thirty seven and a half hours per week
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://nachc.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0fgsp