Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience and success across the field of business, government, and philanthropy.
We are seeking a Grants Manager and Operations Liaison to provide expertise and hands on support to plan, execute and supervise grants. You'll lead all aspects of the grants lifecycle as well as shepherding the Programs team through the grants management process and our policies. Our teams will see you as the “key point of contact” and “thought partner” to our Programs on all grants-related issues.
In this role you'll work cross-functionally with all groups including assigned Program Team(s), Grants Execution & Data, Finance and Legal to provide planning, execution and monitoring of programmatic initiatives and focus areas. You'll report directly to the Head of Grants Management with additional reporting to program area leads.
- Offer “hands on support” to plan, execute and monitor grants with Program specific knowledge
- Oversee Grants Operations and Compliance
- Be responsible for the grant lifecycle from approval through grant closure and facilitate the planning of initiatives and grants
- Align and partner with Program Leads and their teams to build budgets at the initiative and grantee level, and develop the documentation required to facilitate the completion of grants and service provider agreements
- Run and support program(s) by proactively planning their grant and SPAs by understanding programmatic strategy and objectives, identifying implications and working closely with the grants managements functional teams to address critical issues, handle risk and ensure compliance
- Collaborate with Grants Operations Lead to supervise and monitor initiatives in databases
- Enter grants management-related data to systems and ensure its accuracy
- Update and report initiative budgets and financial performance to Leads and Management
- Conduct operational and financial due diligence with Programs by identifying mitigated risks
- Review financial monitoring reports and summarize results / raise key issues to Program Lead and Operations Lead as the need arises
- Assist with grants management-related training and provide hands on training to Program staff and new personnel
- Actively assist with additional projects as needed - demonstrating being able to respond to priorities and resourcing needs as they shift
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
To be successful, you should be capable of working cross functionally to shepherd grants management processes and practices while ensuring the execution of grants. You balance strong analytical skills with the soft skills required to handle partners priorities. Additionally:
- 5-7 years of progressive work experience applying business skills to develop and implement effective programs and systems
- Basic understanding of foundation-specific regulations
- Analytical, database and reporting skills while also crafting and reviewing budgets for other financial reports with a sharp eye for accuracy and detail
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, with the ability to independently coordinate and lead multiple projects simultaneously with a focus on quality and project follow-through
- Ability to frame issues and communicate technical, budgetary, and program details across all functions and to various partners
- Confidence to ask pertinent questions to grasp concepts quickly and think beyond specific tasks.
- Superb interpersonal skills with a comfort working across diverse teams and handling senior leaders and use good judgement to resolve issues
- Able to work in a matrix organization being able to handle expectations and priorities from various partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to learn and develop new skills on the job
- An ability to handle your time efficiently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, open, positive, and collaborative personality
WE'D LOVE TO SEE:
- A passion for data, analytics, new technologies
- Your creative and innovative ideas
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.