This is an incredibly important position for Hospicare at a pivotal moment in our history: as we pivot to face a world recovering from a destructive pandemic, our agency will strengthen and secure our vital, life-affirming services by investing in our staff, buildings and service quality. Support from our community — which has been a critical source of funding since our founding 35 years ago — will play a key role creating and sustaining our vision for the future.
The Director of Development and Community Relations will create and lead the strategy to raise private funding for, and awareness of, Hospicare and its programs and services. The Director will build on highly successful and beloved events such as Women Swimmin’ for Hospicare, while developing new initiatives (such as major gifts and planned giving) and strengthening educational programs and outreach efforts in service of the entire community.
We are looking for a Director of Development and Community Relations who has vision, discipline and a deep commitment to the purpose of Hospicare and the passion that our supporters have for the work that we do. These are the key qualities we are looking for in candidates for this position:
· A broad-based background with more than 10 years of progressively increasing experience that can demonstrate strengths in communication, organization, vision, patience and purpose. Significant and successful experience in development, fundraising, community organizing and/or outreach is strongly preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead, connect with and support a diverse group of committed and passionate donors, hard-working staff, board and volunteers.
· An entrepreneurial, creative approach to strategy and growth, demonstrated by involvement with new initiatives, the ability to learn, to make mistakes and to grow while keeping a clear eye on the larger vision and path of the organization and the team.
· Experience or the demonstrated ability to manage teams of staff and/or volunteers in a community-based setting, assessing talent, addressing conflict or performance issues, providing leadership and support to ensure the success of the team.
· Demonstrated ability to be an active, thoughtful, trusted and resourceful partner to the Executive Director, providing effective leadership of the Development and Community Relations efforts and team members efforts in the agency while creating a strong, trust-based relationship with the Executive Director necessary to have a successful development program.
The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $95,000 in annual salary, with a competitive benefits package that includes a wide range of health care options, as well as a 403(b) retirement investment account with employer match.
Hospicare and Palliative Care Services is a 401(c )(3) non profit organization, serving people in Tompkins and Cortland Counties regardless of the ability to pay. Hospicare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes. We strongly encourage applications from marginalized
This is an incredibly important position for Hospicare at a pivotal moment in our history: as we pivot to face a world recovering from a destructive pandemic, our agency will strengthen and secure our vital, life-affirming services by…