6301 Riverdale Avenue
The Sisters of Charity of New York is seeking a Director of Information Systems.
The Director of Information Systems is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions and telephone systems at the Sisters of Charity Center. The Director must also maintain technological services for the business operations at two Sisters of Charity Convents. Provides services that support and facilitate the various departments in carrying out the mission of the Congregation.
- Administer the computer and telephone systems, with responsibility for programming, repairs and replacement of equipment and supplies.
- Maintain technology services at the Sisters of Charity Center and retirement houses with responsibility for program repairs and replacement of equipment.
- Periodic education of staff for use of new technology and programs.
- Serve as the system administrator.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Act as contact person with telephone companies.
- Reprogram individual telephones and consoles as needed.
- Create and design Jubilee Invitations, Mass Covers, Mass of the Departed, Annual Remembrance Cards, Congregation Directory and special projects as requested.
- Stream video of Funeral Masses in Assembly Room at MSVC.
- Prepare television in Community Room at MSVC for overflow of attendees at Mass.
- Stream video in Chapel at MSVC, when requested.
- Stream video in Smith Hall for Congregation Meetings.
- Review and ensure accuracy of related department invoices and submit for payment in a timely manner.
- Maintain up to date equipment inventory given to each staff member and department.
- Maintain accurate list of all passwords for equipment assigned to staff.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience within information technology.
- Proficient in computer networking and workstations connected to Server with Windows 2008 and Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge and understanding of telephone system and manage program running the system “Merlin”.
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications.
- Proficient in graphic design.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and ability to travel locally as needed.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send requests for further information and/or resumes to Sharon Dosin, Director of Human Resources, 6301 Riverdale Avenue Bronx, NY 10471; firstname.lastname@example.org