8794-O Sacramento Drive
Case Management Supervisor
FACETS opens doors by helping parents, their children, and individuals who suffer the effects of poverty in Fairfax County. We meet their emergency shelter, food, and medical needs, help them gain safe, sustainable and permanent housing and work with them to end the cycle of homelessness and poverty through educational, life skills and career counseling programs.
FACETS is hiring a dynamic individual to serve as the Case Management Supervisor serving families experiencing homelessness or at-risk of homelessness in Region 1 of Fairfax County. The Case Management Supervisor serves as a Housing Case Manager for the Next Steps Family Program, an emergency shelter program located in scattered site apartments in Alexandria, VA. The Case Management Supervisor is the direct supervisor and coordinator of Housing Case Managers providing housing services to families participating in the Next Steps Family Program, aftercare for those recently exited from the Next Steps Family Program, homeless prevention/diversion case management in the community, Bridging Affordability, and Last Resort Motel programs. This position serves as a liaison between Housing Case Managers and Next Steps Family Program Operations Staff.
The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of HUD’s definitions of homelessness, the Family Homeless Services System in Fairfax County, and Coordinated Entry. A candidate that is a fast learner, enthusiastic, highly motivated, skilled in providing services in the community, and has excellent data entry and organizational skills is a must. A candidate with an MSW and 2 years post-Master’s degree experience is preferred. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
HOUSING CASE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess housing barriers of families who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness to determine housing and service needs.
- Develop housing procurement, financial, and self-sufficiency case management plan with participants. This will include intake interview to determine household needs, goals, and eligibility.
- Utilizes the housing first model to provide housing stabilization services by preventing homelessness and diverting households from emergency shelter.
- Utilizes the housing first model to rapidly re-house Next Step families within 30 days of entering shelter program.
- Provide mediation and advocacy with landlords on the client’s behalf to develop a workable plan to obtain and/or maintain housing.
- Create and maintain consistent communication channels, both verbal and written, between several parties (i.e. case managers, operations staff, tenant, landlord, referral source, collaborating agencies, debtors, and creditors).
- Serve as an ongoing liaison between case managers and operations staff, property managers and participants, and participants and neighbors.
- Apply knowledge of residential lease contracts to educate participants of their rights and responsibilities.
- Determine appropriateness of household for receipt of rapid rehousing funds and recommend amount. Allocates and tracks use of rapid rehousing funds.
- Advocates for and actively assists families and individuals in obtaining services (e.g. mental health, intellectual disability, alcohol and drug, housing referrals, financial assistance, home based services, training, medical services, mentoring and socialization).
- Travels and makes shelter and home visits as well as works an adjusted work schedule including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Uses automated technology including HMIS and hard copy files to maintain, update, and report on case data, goal attainment, and outcomes in a timely manner
- Attends various regional meetings, including HOST, Intake Coordinator and Housing Opportunities Collaborative Meetings, throughout Fairfax County and generates and distributes housing resources to FACETS staff.
- Assists in managing the FACETS budget for program expenditures.
- Participates in program staff meetings and conferences to share ideas and plans; works cooperatively with staff to meet FACETS goals.
- Participates in and conducts in-service training for staff development. Actively supports FACETS’ mission oriented outcome evaluation and outcome management.
- Prepares proposals, reports, and statistics for submission to funding sources with the Deputy Executive Director’s supervision.
- Represents FACETS in the community, in accord with Agency Mission, Vision, and Code of Ethics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides direct supervision and training to Housing Case Managers providing rapid re-housing services to families in the Next Steps Family Program and Last Resort Motel Program and homeless prevention/diversion services in the Community Case Management program.
- Monitors case management caseloads and assigns cases to Housing Case Managers and Homeless Prevention Case Managers.
- Provides authorized signature for financial assistance and housing program referrals such as Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) and Bridging Affordability (BA).
- Monitors service delivery to ensure that performance measures and contract requirements are being met.
- Monitors program expenditures and direct client assistance.
- Serves as back-up to the Intake and Rapid Exit Coordinator as needed.
- Assumes responsibilities for Program Director in the absence of the Program Director.
- Master's Degree in an applicable human services field plus two years of professional social work/case management experience with homeless and/or at-risk populations. MSW and two years post-Master’s degree experience is preferred.
- One year of supervisory and/or program management experience.
- Experience working in an emergency shelter setting preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Requires knowledge and belief in “Housing First” and “Rapid Re-Housing” philosophy and strategies.
- Knowledge or understanding of tenant’s rights and responsibilities as well as “strengths based” case management.
- Knowledge of current social service, homeless, and housing issues and methods/approaches to address issues.
- Ability to use HMIS to establish and maintain case records and to facilitate data collection.
- Excellent data entry and data quality skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Results-oriented, highly organized.
- Ability to schedule and manage workload sufficiently to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to lift items weighing 10-20 pounds.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, good driving record, and personal car insurance.
- Must be able to drive 15 passenger van.
- Must pass criminal background and Child Protective Services background checks.
E-mail resume and cover letter to mwilliams@FacetsCares.org
Equal Employment Opportunity M/F/D/V.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail resume and cover letter to mwilliams@FacetsCares.org